Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

radioshack_target.jpg

Over the weekend, several reports arose suggesting that retailers Target and RadioShack would be dropping their pricing on the iPhone 4, potentially signaling that the stores are looking to pare down their stocks ahead of an expected update to the line. Ars Technica now confirms that the price drops have indeed taken place, with RadioShack offering a temporary $30 discount on both iPhone 4 capacities while Target is offering $50 off.
We verified Monday morning that Radio Shack has a current promotion running through Saturday, offering the iPhone 4 for $169.99 and $269.99 for the 16GB and 32GB models, respectively. Radio Shack is also offering up to $100 credit for the trade-in of a previous iPhone model, dropping the price to as low as $69 with contract.

We also spoke to contract phone sales representatives from Chicago-area Target stores, who confirmed that the iPhone 4 can be had for $149.99 or $249.99 for 16GB or 32GB models with a two-year contract.
Apple and its partner carriers in the U.S., AT&T and Verizon, continue to offer the iPhone 4 at its usual $199/$299 price points.

RadioShack has been known to offer discounts on the iPhone in the past, most notably knocking $50 off of all models for a week last December.

Article Link: Target and RadioShack Clearing Stock With Lower iPhone 4 Prices

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
About time! I like deals! I need a new phone anyways. I have to check and determine whether the iPhones are on sale or if the price drop is permanent.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
That's tempting for dumping my old iPhone 3Gs, but I think I will wait for the iPhone 5.

Jswoosh

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
I'm sick of the iPhone 4 now I ready to dish it off to my sister so I can get the iPhone 5 yee

briella

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
long island ny
Sounds great! But?

I love my 4 got it as a present. I'd like to buy one for my daughter who still has the 3. But I wonder if the rumors are true about the new cheaper version Iphone4 and how much they might be? Anyone have any news about that?
B:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.