Target Disk Mode on 7300?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dsharits, Sep 12, 2004.

1. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I am trying to copy Jaguar from a disk image on my iBook to my 7300 via FireWire, and I can’t get it to start in target disk mode. Is this possible? Is there any other way I could do this?
    Thanks in advance.

Daniel

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right, first off, TDM does not work with the 7300. Second, the 7300 only supports up to Mac OS 9.1. Third, I don't see how you can get a connection through TDM to your 7300 if the 7300 has no Firewire port! (I seriously doubt that hardware upgrades would help, either.) Fourth, don't pirate software.

3. dsharits thread starter macrumors 68000

dsharits

Okay, first, there are hacks to run up to 9.2.2 natively on the Old World Macs, and there is XpostFacto to run OS X on them also. Second, I put a FireWire card in yesterday, and it works fine. Third, this is not pirated software. It is a retail copy that I installed on my iBook and compressed into a disk image so that I could transfer it to my 7300 without the hassle of installing it through XpostFacto. I use Panther on my iBook, so this copy of Jaguar will only be running on the 7300. Fourth, thanks for the info. I guess I will have to be a little more creative in how I do this. Thanks!

Daniel

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Dude, get a G5. Or take the drive out, put it in an enclosure and do it that way to enjoy the horendously slow computer. I really don't understand the people in this forum. If you want cheapness, go to pcs.