Tattoo Removal

Discussion in 'Community' started by jywv8, Sep 7, 2005.

1. jywv8 macrumors 6502

I'm interested in hearing about other people's experiences in getting a tattoo removed. Please dispense with the usual "I would never get a tattoo", "tattoos are dumb", etc, etc, ad naseum. If you want to express your opinion on tattoos, start another thread. I only want to hear tattoo removal stories.

I'm currently getting one removed (YAG laser). Due to a number of coverups and the size of the damn thing, I've been getting treatments for quite a while now. We're talking many years and lots of moolah. So I'm particularly wondering how long it took (or is taking) for other people to get their tattoos removed, and where they got (or are getting) it done.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Did you do a Johnny Depp and get "Winona Forever" and now regret it? Cause he just changed it to "Wino Forever"...... heh.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

5. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Well, I don't have a removal story to relate, but I do have a large (probably about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide) black tattoo on my ankle that I desperately want to rid myself of. I definitely plan to have it removed at some point in my life, but I simply can't afford it right now. I'm hoping the treatments will become less expensive and more effective in the future.

So, jywv8, your story leads me to believe that my worst fears are true.... that tattoo removal is ultra-expensive and takes a long time. Is it painful too?

Anyway, good luck with the whole thing. I checked out a couple of sites on laser removal, and it honestly made me jealous to see those tattoos disappear like that! I'd give anything to just make mine go away!! Isn't it funny how stupid decisions you make when you're 17 can affect you the rest of your life?? :)

ND

6. jywv8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think it hurts that much. Or maybe I've just grown used to it. People compare the sensation to snapping a rubberband against your skin. That seems about right.

Last year I had my doctor start blasting another nearby tattoo -- one much smaller that I never had covered up. That one has been lasered four times, and it is almost gone. You know what they say..."results may vary".