Tattoos...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jlewis2k1, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

ok so I want a tattoo but I do not know what i want :-(. All of the tattoos I have seen are pretty common styles. I'm a type of person that is modern, retro and lay back. It shouldn't be so big where i covers my shoulder or blade. So i would say like maybe 5 by 5 inches on blade or 3 by 3 inches. Got any ideas?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

just make sure it is something personal to you and something you won't regret in a few years/months.

3. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

that is my problem i cant seem to think of anything that fits me. I have attempted to draw one but didnt turn out how i wanted it to. hmm something should come to mind. which is why im trying to get some ideas on the style based on what i mentioned.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

could always go to the tattoo parlor and have them draw you up stuff and bounce ideas off of them.

5. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

you got a point...i will have to ask my friend whats the best place to go get tattoos since she has like 5 or 6 of them now.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

7. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

ive got a tattoo on my arm that means something to me. my dad and i got similar tattoo's that portray the same meaning. i want to get another on my back, but not sure what i want yet.

make sure you think it out and know you will never get sick of it. there is no going back once your inked. make sure you love it :D

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its just hard to come up with ideas without knowing you, your interests and quirks and such.

i love tattoos and i advocate getting one if you want one, and i'd gladly draw something up for you if i could or had something to work off of.

9. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

you shouldnt 'just think of a tattoo'.. it should just hit you. thats when you know you are ready. dont rush it.. you have all the time in the world. it will be with you for the rest of your life

10. Lau Guest

I definitely agree on the taking your time. I know it's tempting to jump in, but the easiest part is getting it done, the hard part is deciding. It is for life, unless you like scars, so get something that means something to you. What means a lot to you, and will always mean a lot to you?

In spite of the fact I drew mine myself and really like it, I'm not sure I would have got the same one at at 26 as I thought I wanted at 19. I'm not convinced I want another one, I like the fact I just have one, but I am tempted by a slightly geeky typographic one. :eek:

It is addictive, but it really, really is worth thinking through very carefully first. The amount of cash you hand over is in no way proportional to the effect it will have on your body.

11. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

yea, i been considering on getting a tattoo for like 3 months now. I'm just at the point on what do I want. I do know that im gonna get my eyebrow pierced :-D

12. Lau Guest

Fair enough, but as I say, deciding to get a tattoo is easy. Deciding what will be important to you for the rest of your life is harder. I knew I wanted a tattoo, but I'm not sure what I got necessarily is relevant to me now, although I don't dislike it.

Why don't you let us know what the important things in your life are and maybe some people can offer suggestions?

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Provided you're male, at least you won't need to stew about whether or not to get a Tramp Stamp. But, 50 years from now, will it look good, wrinkled? Allow for that. :p