Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Does anyone know of any online stores that are tax-free? I will be ordering a digital camcorder soon and would really like to save the money by not having to pay tax. New Egg is located in New Jersey, so that's a no go. HSN.com is tax-free, but they don't care Panasonic camcorders.

Any help would be great. Thanks! :D

Carl Spackler

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Outer Space
p0intblank said:
Does anyone know of any online stores that are tax-free? I will be ordering a digital camcorder soon and would really like to save the money by not having to pay tax. New Egg is located in New Jersey, so that's a no go. HSN.com is tax-free, but they don't care Panasonic camcorders.

Online shopping is only tax free if the company does not have a retail presence in your state. You may want to look at one of those sites, like, Camcorderinfo.com that would have a list of "best prices" and seller ratings for best deal. IF nothing else you'll be able to tell during the check out process.

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Northborough, MA
Well tecnicly, no store is tax free because legally your supposed to pay those taxes at tax time. The thing is who really does i don't lol. Im only saying this because a couple weeks ago there was a story on the local news about how many states are trying to crack down on the millions of tax dollars they are missing from online retailers.

-Neal

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
p0intblank said:

Well nothing is tax free... Really you have to pay at the end of the year if you were not charged your state sales tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.