Tax-free online stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by p0intblank, Jun 15, 2006.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Does anyone know of any online stores that are tax-free? I will be ordering a digital camcorder soon and would really like to save the money by not having to pay tax. New Egg is located in New Jersey, so that's a no go. HSN.com is tax-free, but they don't care Panasonic camcorders.

Any help would be great. Thanks! :D

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yes, it is.

4. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh wow... I had no idea. :eek: And they have a great price for the model I'm getting. Thanks a lot! :D

5. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

Online shopping is only tax free if the company does not have a retail presence in your state. You may want to look at one of those sites, like, Camcorderinfo.com that would have a list of "best prices" and seller ratings for best deal. IF nothing else you'll be able to tell during the check out process.

6. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

Well tecnicly, no store is tax free because legally your supposed to pay those taxes at tax time. The thing is who really does i don't lol. Im only saying this because a couple weeks ago there was a story on the local news about how many states are trying to crack down on the millions of tax dollars they are missing from online retailers.

-Neal

7. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

8. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Well nothing is tax free... Really you have to pay at the end of the year if you were not charged your state sales tax.