TaxCut Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bluto, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Bluto macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone, I'm desparately looking for some help. I purchased downloaded TaxCut Premium for Macintosh 2003 Federal and TaxCut Illinois 2003. The federal, which was an .sit file, installed fine. When I doubleclick on the state download, which is a .bin file, Stuffit opens momentarily, closes then nothing else happens. I get no error messages. When I run TaxCut it always asks me if I want to purchase and download state. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have an idea what the problem might be. TaxCut's support is terrible if it's an out of the ordinary problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Bluto thread starter macrumors newbie

TaxCut Installation Problem Resolved

This fire has been put out. I guess you can strike this one up to me still being wet behind the ears regarding Macs and OS X. Turns out the problem was that when I originally downloaded the file I just clicked on the "HTTP Download" button on their website. I had to right-click and select "open in new window" to download it correctly.

I've had a 17" 800mHz G4 iMac for a year that I bought mainly for video editing. I just recently bought a 12" 1GHz G4 Powerbook with a superdrive and will now be totally switched. No Windows machines in my home office at all anymore!! :D I just still need to learn the finer points of OS X.