TBA/MacBytes.com Forum Rumor Wrap-Up

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    Originally posted in the private forum.

The to be announced forums appeared earlier this week, causing speculation into new products happening at the World Wide MacRumors Seista.

A mysterious MacBytes began posting inside this forum while other motals did some background checks on him, revealing a new user with admin powers that had a 0 post count despite posting in the closed forum multiple times.

Threads began in the community and private boards as to whether the moderators had anything to do with it, and everytime the mods were questioned they always answered with cryptic messages.

Meanwhile a very high ranking and well loved user, Wardofsky, decided to try out www.MacBytes.com to see if anything could be found.
    He was fronted with "...we're working on it..."

Then a leak occured, MacBytes had posted in the New Mac Apps forum which was immediately picked up by a user, which promptly saw the post be taken down by MacRumors Legal.

The forum was then opened to Demi-Gods and Contributors for them to absorb in what they had speculated over in the previous days, basking in their higher privileges.

The forum was opened to the public recently sporting "MacBytes.com News Discussion" which indeed did have a link with MacBytes.com that Wardofsky had researched earlier.

MacBytes.com is thought to have a direct connection with Arn's request for talented photoshop artists to do an aqua theme for a "new site".

Earlier rumors of a G6 turned out not to be true, along with a chit-chat style forum.
  2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    LOL ... great wrap-up...one of these days I have to contribute to get in the private forum:)
  3. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    wow man i think your rumor wrapup just convinced me to contribute as soon as those frosted mugs are available again (or at least something like that)
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    ha ha ha....that was classic ward! :D

the part about the chit chat is best though... ;)
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    i agree the end was the best...you should have mentioned how we have been expecting it for many tuesdays along with new powerbooks :)
  6. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    G6's where reported earlier Sunday morning by a MacRumors insider (name disclosed) but where ruled false when the World Wide MacRumors Seista was only going to introduce "Forum Updates".

The original leak had incorrect information but the correct headr sporting "The worlds first MacBytes.com forum".

G5 powerbooks are thought to be on delay for MacRumors Seista San Francisco as there is trouble with a looped "Spamming" bug that repeats "New powerbooks on Tuesday" continuously until shut down by force.

Attached Files:

7. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    I know this thread is dead but I think the frosted mugs are out permanantely, I think arn said something about it before.

Still, contribute.
  8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    What the hell is all of this...?

I was gone a week a people screwed up everything?

The wrap up made me more confused ....

When I posted in site news about a to be annonced that turned into macbytes?

and I was screwed out of knowing this because I wasn't a demi or mod/admin?

This is kinda getting me annoyied...
  9. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    It's just for fun.

The tobeannounced forum turned into the MacBytes forum and this wrap-up was posted ages ago in the private forum and then the community forum.

It's nothing seious but a MacRumors style wrap-up.