Tea Party Supporter sets date for armed overthrow of government

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Sep 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

It's November 19th, 2013 people. Obama has been found guilty by a "citizens grand jury". Is it just me, or is this a perfect textbook example of treason? I hope they do try to overthrow the government, the more domestic terrorists you have in one place, the easier it is to arrest them all.

Link

2. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Where does it say armed?

3. macrumors 6502a

The heck is a "citizen's court"? :confused:

4. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

Oh yeah...this is definitely worth taking seriously...

Right!

:rolleyes:

5. macrumors 6502

Self appointed court, self appointed ..... oh WTF!? Comical at best.

6. macrumors 68030

Arran

It's every Monday at the Ocala FL nursing home: Between afternoon meds and Bingo Bonanza!

7. macrumors 68020

As our gun nut friends would say, "No matter how extreme these people may be, they are simply practicing their 2nd amendment right."

:rolleyes:

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

From the article...

9. macrumors 68030

bradl

If that is the case, that should be investigated by the FBI and Secret Service. I would expect them to be at this person's door, no matter how much of a joke they may claim this to be.

BL.

10. macrumors 603

I haven't decided yet if this is farce or tragedy. It may be both. There's certainly enough hyperbole for farce, and more than enough hubris for tragedy.

I really enjoyed the book "Computers as Theatre", and now, a real-life "Politics as Theatre"? Such a treat!!

11. macrumors 68040

It would be a joke if a significant number of tea partiers actually show up for this. Combined with the government shutdown, it would further discredit conservatives by giving them an uneducated, ignorant face to the world.

12. macrumors 68030

.Andy

They'd unlikely have the fitness to get up Capitol Hill anyway.

13. macrumors 68000

VulchR

Where'd these nutters come from? Most of the fellow Americans I have met are well educated, reasonably skeptical about nonsense, and reasonably tolerant (even where I grew up in Virginia). Listening to the Tea Party is like listening to a 2-year-old that is having tantrums because he/she does not like inevitable change. Do we have to wait for these people to pass away (natural causes) before sanity is restored?

14. macrumors G3

Renzatic

On a guess, I'm gonna say you haven't spent all that much time way, way deep in the woods, miles upon miles away from the nearest busy highway.

I've been out in the middle of nowhere. You meet some strange people out there.

15. macrumors P6

Peace

Let me get this straight...

A few wackos are gonna go to D.C and overthrow a government with nukes,stealth bombers,500,000 troops,tanks,rockets,warships and real automatic weapons.

Is this correct ?

:eek:

16. macrumors 68030

bradl

It's the 2nd amendment. It's their Right.

;) :rolleyes:

BL.

17. macrumors 68020

applesith

So a wacko supporter says he wants to do this? Why are you even talking about this? There's always complete crazy people in every group. Pay them no attention.

18. macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's not to say that there aren't liberal groups that are similar—Occupy seems similarly warped at times—but the tea party own tendencies make it a great petri dish for this kind of insanity.

19. macrumors 68030

bradl

Because, just like back at my university in 1996 when some idiot college student sent email from another student's account to president at whitehouse.gov with the subject and body of "I will kill you", it was investigated as a threat to the life of the POTUS by the Secret Service and the FBI. That is a felony in this country.

If any threat to the POTUS is made it need to be and must be investigated. We may disagree with a President's and/or his/her politics (our 1st Amendment right), but a death threat to that POTUS or any POTUS should not be tolerated. We all can agree on that.

BL.

20. thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

But can't you see that the tea party seems to have a higher concentration of these "crazy people"? I don't see any teabaggers rushing to condemn his actions.

21. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

That's what appalls me the most is the total lack of restraint and reason on behalf of the tea party.

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

That's why when I call them domestic terrorists, I'm not joking. I hope the FBI is watching the tea party like a hawk. They have enough nut jobs in their ranks to carry out a pretty hefty terrorist attack.

23. macrumors 68000

Sydde

24. macrumors 603

They ARE domestic terrorists. After all, terrorism is the threat/use of violence for political gain. That's exactly what they're trying to do.

I know the Newsroom is a dramatic, scripted, fictional tv show, but the episode where Will McAvoy calls the tea party the American taliban is both awesome and fitting.

Because, seriously, what's the difference between many of these tea party wackos and the islamic terrorists we have our "war on terror" against? The only difference is the color of their skin and the religion they preach.

25. macrumors 65816

Oh...well, as long as we're being serious and rational...

Yep...no looney bin here.