Teacher Accused of Assigning Arson

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Jun 29, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

Once I ate a cricket for extra credit in my high school biology class.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/06/29/national/a120853D82.DTL

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Such a stupid stunt. The teacher is supposed to be a mentor to these students, set the proper example. Now they will have a criminal record if convicted. She deserves several years in prison if convicted. Sadly there is a lot of insurance fraud, we pay for it with higher insurance rates. :(

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I would have set the car on fire myself to avoid potential rats.

4. mac-er macrumors 65816

I like how she bought her new car before she reported her car stolen.

What kind of car dealership would have let her buy a new car when she was 3 months behind payments on her old car?

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If it was any state other than Texas, I'd expect her teaching certificate to be revoked almost immediately. Teachers like this give the rest of them a very bad name. :mad:

6. everybodylikepi macrumors member

everybodylikepi

The mind reels. This story could almost pass for a joke. The teacher is that dumb. What was she thinking? Wow...

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I know students need to link their learnng to real life if that learning is going to be meaningful, but man. Imagine if this teacher had spent as much energy lesson planning as scheming to get rid of her car.

Of course the subtext of all of this is "Maybe we should be paying teachers enough so that they can meet their car payments" ...

8. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

First its teachers having sex with students for whatever reasons, now this. Whats next, having the students taking someone down because the teach needs someone dead.

Damn, just need to go back to teachers banging students.

... just kidding

9. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Maybe she was starting her own "Project Mayhem", ala Fight Club. She was just handing out assignments. Some of the other kids probably had to start a fight, and lose. Others had to destroy a franchise coffee bar, etc. I'm sure its all in the name of reclaiming their lives, or masculinity or whatever.

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

hilarity. Where were these teachers when I was failing HS classes? ;)

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It truly boggles the mind...I would love to have heard the discussion between the teacher and the kids...

And if I had been propositioned like that in High School, I don't think I'd have believed it, first. But I definitely wouldn't have gone through with it. :confused:

D

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

that is one of the funniest things i have read in a while