Team 3446 not found!!!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Mr. Anderson, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Attached Files:

2. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

3. thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, even the foldingathome site is having issues - I got a "The Folding@Home server is currently under a high load, please check back in 2 hours (message cached Wed Jul 9 04:59:48 PDT 2003 )."

I wonder what happened? I hope someone isn't trying to hack the server.....

D

4. macrumors 6502a

jethroted

That is funny. I think every web site should have something clever like that when **** starts going down.

5. macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Hum... Maybe this is why my WU didn't show up late last night... and I need everyone I do(because I don't do many:()

6. Moderator emeritus

Oops, I guess I shouldn't have transferred points from 3446 to 16. :D

MacNN has statistics, but from around 05.00 GMT.

I think those Brasilians who spoiled the hacking contest maybe have set all hackers off and there may be weeks of hacking now.

7. macrumors 603

janey

i can get the team rankings thing...but can't load pages for individual teams :(
    ahh...internal server error...
    i hope i certainly didn't do anything to cause the error!

8. macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Same here...

I hope my WU that took about 2 weeks of on and off folding to do gets submitted :cry:

9. macrumors 6502

Im sure things will be sorted out, and as long as you don't delete the wu on your end, I think it will be transmitted... otherwise that would be A LOT of units lost. lots of lost time.

(plus, Im hoping my comps will get a big boost soon when the servers go back online! ;))
    - bert

10. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

it says we worked thru less than 4000 pts yesterday. after we had been avging like 9000?? hrmmm.

11. Moderator emeritus

Yesterday's results seem to be missing from the scores; although today's are there. Hopefully, they'll figure it out.

The overclocking statistics look pretty wild--most teams are down by two places.

12. macrumors 6502a

Vlade

It seams that all the teams are down tempararily as of 9:39 pm.

:(

13. macrumors 6502

I haven't turned in the usual bunch for awhile... makes me sad... just got them up and configed/ready! :rolleyes:

-bert

14. macrumors 6502

NNO-Stephen

15. macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Does anyone else thing that the stat servers at Stanford were moved to a new machine? I think this is a possible explanation for all of it. The Stanford machines seem much much faster, and I think that the extremeoverclocking.com scripts are just pointing to the wrong place.

So, if you want to see your basic stats, go to stanford. But, I loved seeing the graphical representations on extreme's site. Hopefully they will fix their scripts soon.

Hickman

16. Moderator emeritus

Things seem to be fine for me now. My score from Wednesday showed up finally.

The server structure was moved around a bit though.

17. macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

Actually, I think it was a bigger problem on Stanford's stat servers. I glanced through their forums this morning and there was talk of some WUs getting turned in with "illegal" answers, or something like that. I guess it was causing all sorts of problems, like teams disappearing and WUs not geting recorded. It seems to finally be OK now.

I agree that Extreme Overclocking's site is a lot of fun to look through. Team MacNN's site has different, but equally interesting "coverage" of the Folding scene.

18. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Jesus this is weird when are we gonnna re-bound, we are low, very low again.

19. macrumors 6502

I think allot of comps stopped working just to wait to turn in wu's... now they are just starting fresh. the comps that take a week to finish a wu (most mid-level macs) will not turn anything in for a few days. give it time.

I'm toning down my usage as well. Goin to turn off the home comps to save on power bills.

- bert