Team of Destiny Scam

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Jun 11, 2004.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

As a prelaw student, I sign up to do alot of community service because I believe that there are many people out there with no knowledge of the social structure that we live in and are being taken advantage of everday. Case and point, a week ago a was doing some work at a local elderly asian american community center and there was a Team of Destiny IBO selling his plan to these aging retirees. He is very charming, but it is obvious to me that TOD is a affiliate of Quixar which used to own AMWAY. It barely escapes the classification of a pyrimid scheme from a brief research on google. However, it is difficult for the elderly to understand these advanced ways of presenting information (i.e. chars, graphs, long-econ terms) ... can you guys think of some simple folk questions I can ask the IBO and his mentor so as to stun them in to showing what a lie their program is? Thanks.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of sound like a retread version of the Amway Pyramid scheme mixed in with a load of sucky "business tools" along with paying money to hear people speak on how to use these tools.

http://www.amquix.info/tod_what_is_it.html

Paying people money monthly to be on the "inside" sort of sucks, especially if they aren't really promoting sales to outsiders, but those on the inside.

The more you buy, the more you make.

Sounds like that "Married with Children" episode where Peggy was earning sales commisions while loading up the credit card.