Tech Tool Pro 4.0.1 — Powerful But Unfinished

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 12, 2003.

1. MacBytes
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors bot

2. bousozoku
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

I'm glad someone has gotten theirs.

I'd like to see how unfinished it is for myself. I'm still waiting to hear from anyone at the company.

3. wdlove
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors P6

wdlove

I am a Tech Tool Pro user too. Still using 3 it works great for my OS 9. How long do you think it will be before it is made a finished product for Panther?

4. bousozoku
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

It's done as far as Micromat getting a Panther-compatible product out the door. The x.x.1 change was for Panther compatibility.

Considering that this who process has taken a good 9 months past the original deployment for the initial release, it could take another 3 months to see the holes filled--now that someone has gotten some sleep.

I've been using Drive 10 and I noticed a difference in the way it works in contrast to the repairs that TechTool Deluxe made. I just hope that TTP4 does not do damage and works with journaling. Disabling journaling each time does not seem an enlightened, Mac-like operation.

5. Longey Nowze
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

when I used to use OS 9 I used to use DiskWarrior to repair my disk problems then I used TTP to check other problems... I was told this was the best way to fix problems... and it worked great!! I always hated norton!

I hope this is the same for the new versions of DW and TTP... even though i haven't used a Disk Utility other than Apple's and fsck since OS X came out :p so what it's like 3 years now? should i start being paranoid?

Thanks
    MaT

6. bousozoku
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus