Tech Tool Pro Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by AngeredTree, Sep 9, 2004.

1. AngeredTree macrumors member

Well, I optimized a classic volume through FW Disk Mode while in OS X and now the other computer says the internal disk isn't readable...but it still shows up intact when I use FW Disk Mode....

Anything I can do?...I assume you probably shouldn't optimize Classic volumes or this can happen...

thanks

BTW - In case I have to reinitialize the disk, does anyone know where the Desktop Folder is stored under classic? I seem to remember that it's a hidden folder...If so, how can I get to it through OS X?

2. AngeredTree thread starter macrumors member

Could anyone tell me how to access the OS 9 desktop folder while running OS X at least?

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If you can see it, it should be at the root directory like the attached shot.

Attached Files:

4. AngeredTree thread starter macrumors member

I mean on an external disk (not the startup disk)

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That wasn't on my startup disk. They're all in the same place, by default.

6. AngeredTree thread starter macrumors member

Really? Hmm, I don't have that. Is it maybe because OS X isn't installed on the volume I'm connected to? I found it, by the way, just did a search for a file and was able to access the hidden folder :cool: ...Still wish I could figure out what happened when I Optimized that OS 9 Volume...