Tech Tv and the Mac...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by krossfyter, Feb 21, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

I dont know if its just me or what but recently i have been checking out tech tv and what i have seen has been rather satisfying (to an extent). I was checking out "The Screen Savers" the other night and they were doing a review on the Dual 1GHZ Powermac. Of course they had Brett Larson cover it with that sargent guy next to him. So you say "Big deal". Here is where it gets good... this guy, Brett, was heavily railing on the pc while he was demonstrating the Duals iDVD capibility. He was knocking umm (pcs) hard and i swear i saw that sargent dude make interesting faces everytime he railed on the pc. Another cool thing...Mr sargent guy said he was crossing over to the mac platform just from checking out the new dual (i dont think he really is though...just said it for whatever reason..i could be wrong). Anyways it was great! I just about died laughing from all the peecee stomping.

The next cool thing was more recent...on "Call for Help"...you know the one with that really geeky host ..Chris, I believe his name is. Well they were also reviewing a new Apple product..the new iMac... and Brett was there as well to cover the action. On the show the host ...Chris... said he is thinking of getting one of these (the new Imac) and praised it for numerous reasons. They had a caller who poised a question on why Apple is better for graphic/video editing and both Brett and Chris put the smack down on the windows platfrom for this and other reasons and gave enormous support for the mac platform and thier digital hub strategy. I was tripping. Great stuff man. You know comming from a station that usually caters to the windows platform. I hope they continue this mac friendly atmosphere that I have been seeing recently. If not...oh well.... im sure some day, someone will make a mac tv show and or station specifically for the mac and their users. Dig it!

p.s. this thurs... screen savers is going to talk about mac firewalls, on firdays show they will Demo the newest iMac and on saturday it i will be a repeat of the one in which they demoed the new dual powermac...for those who care.

go vote on the "is the new imac cool" poll..
    http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/

2. Squidly macrumors member

Squidly

TechTV is an entertaining show. Even though much of the stuff is geared towards non-professionals, I still learn something just about every time I tune in.

If nothing else, Megan is cute. :)

3. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah megan is cute...that other girl with the white hair is not to bad either (on the screen savers)... i forgot her name.

4. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I can't believe I know this...

I've reached the pinnical of geekdom. Her name is Morgan. And she is very cute.

Matthew

5. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Don't rule out Cat either...

Last night's show was great! Leo and Brett hosted, both big Mac supporters. Leo had his iBook out and Brett had his TiBook. It looked like a successful Mac takeover...even if only for the night.

I agree, it's a great show with all kinds of useful tips no matter what your computing level. Even if it has a sort of PC heavy slant, it's entertaining. Now if only they gave Brett his own show...

7. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

cat scwartz... cool!

yeah i agree brett should have his own show.

but that was cool when leo and brett were both hosting. it was the ibook and powerbook at the helm. dig it.