Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TiloRGB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Mexico City
Hi everyone, new guy here. I need some help from you, hope you can enlighten me: I want to buy today the current 27 5k iMac model, thinking on an upgrade from 3.2 GHz i5 to 4.0 GHz Quad Core i7 processor (75% of chance to upgrade) but don't want to pay for extra RAM to Apple, so my question to you is if the SODIMM DDR3 1866 MHz sticks will work with the current iMac 27 models (specifications says it uses 1867 MHz).

Thank you in advance!

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Hi everyone, new guy here. I need some help from you, hope you can enlighten me: I want to buy today the current 27 5k iMac model, thinking on an upgrade from 3.2 GHz i5 to 4.0 GHz Quad Core i7 processor (75% of chance to upgrade) but don't want to pay for extra RAM to Apple, so my question to you is if the SODIMM DDR3 1866 MHz sticks will work with the current iMac 27 models (specifications says it uses 1867 MHz).

Thank you in advance!

Go to MacSales.com and put in the year and model, it will tell you the correct specs.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.