TechRestore and my iBook =D OH MY GOSH!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by slooksterPSV, Jun 25, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Ok, so DHL delivered my iBook by 11:00 AM today, well, I start it up and start checking out what it has.

Yes it is 500MHz iBook G3, but get this:
    Instead of 192MB of RAM it has 320MB
    Instead of a 10GB HDD it has a 20GB HDD.
    The battery holds over an hours charge. I think it holds 2. I'm so excited, I just got off work and am installing Panther on it as I type this on the G5. I love it you guys I love it. Its so new looking too, except for the bottom.

TECHRESTORE - 200/100 rating.

2. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Hooray!!!!

I've been following your DHL thread and it's a good thing all turned out well. And nice bonuses too! Enjoy the new toy!

3. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Congratulations! I've been following your story too. Hopefully no one else will ever have to go through that.

4. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I can see by your avitar that you are now a HUGE DHL fan :D . Im glad everything went well for you. Im not a big fan of DHL myself.

5. briangig macrumors regular

similar thing with my ibook...specs were listed without airport or cd-rw, but it came with both..

6. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I was hoping it came with Airport and at least a DVD-ROM drive, but I'm happy with what I got. Now I think I'll buy Tiger, I'm letting my battery charge and I think it will hold for 3 hours at least.

7. simmonstwin macrumors member

Me and my brother , both got powerbooks g4 867mhz from them. They were in perfect cond. minus the bottums. My brother came with 640mb instead of the 128 and 80hd instead of the 40 . All that plus the 6 months warranty for under $850. That is cheaper that what you will get from ebay!!!They have great customer serive and are very frienly people . Would recommend them to anyone.

keith

8. Icespiker macrumors newbie

Your iBook doesn't have a DVD drive? I think Tiger comes on a DVD... so you might want to check that. I guess there may be other ways to load it.

9. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

there is a swap out program but I think you have to send them your dvd first or something. I got tiger preinstalled, but I remember hearing that it was not the best system in the world...

10. webwesen macrumors newbie

will Tiger work all right with your iBooks specs? thx

11. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

It'll run better than Panther, but my memory will be limited down to like 90MB for apps because the OS requires so much, a lot goes into widgets. But yeah, it'll run good, if I upgrade to 576MB RAM it'll be really good.