TechTV and the Keynote

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by raeingoth, Jun 19, 2003.

1. raeingoth macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2003
    I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or has already been discussed, I did a search and looked around a bit so I hope this is not the case, if so, then any mod is welcome to delete the thread.
    Anyhow, I actually got a response back from TechTV concerning the Keynote on Monday, not happy news... :(

2. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    What permission do they need? Can't they just broadcast their own satellite feed?
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Ah, you beat me to it. Just got an e-mail from them myself:

Dear Mac Enthusiast;

We WANTED to carry the keynote, but unfortunately the folks at Apple decided no outside media was allowed to stream it. It was not our decision, as we really did hope to be able to provide the keynote for our viewers.

Please let the folks at Apple know you would like TechTV to be able to carry future keynotes.

We WILL be a presence at the event and cover it and any products.

Cindy Wakeman/WUGNET
    for TechTV
  4. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    why are people still asking, tech tv hasnt hosted it in forever, they arent a mac channel and they bash them as soon as steve announces them, they havent broadcasted in like a year and a half.

5. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    Tacoma, WA
    I think MWSF 2001 was the last one they did and they had commercials in the middle of the keynote. Because of this butchering of the event, Apple told them that they couldn't cover it any more. TechTV ruined it for themselves.

6. Bolt macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2002
    Well, my dumb cable provider still doesn't offer it to me in my current area ... after a year of getting "it is scheduled to be added soon." ...... I'm in the burbs of Chicago, and once I move downtown in Sept/Oct I'll have it then ... still a bummer overal though
  7. bwawn macrumors member

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't get TechTV, but I do know that Leo Laporte (I believe that's his name) from the Screen Savers lives near me, and he is an avid Mac user. In fact, he switched a friend of the family over to the Mac side.
  8. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2002
    TechTV has been really favorable towards macs lately. Leo laporte is a mac user and the jessica girl from the screensavers gave a great review to the 12 alubook. When they had that more Dvorak on there is when all the mac hating was going on.