Tekken 6 No Longer A PS3 Exclusive?

Discussion in 'Games' started by greatdevourer, Jan 3, 2007.

1. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

The thing is, the only PS only game I want will never, ever, come onto 360.

Bring me some Gran Turismo!

3. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Developers publish on the platforms with the larger userbases :)
    They'd be stupid to do otherwise and leave those console owners in the dark, when there's money to be made.

Who's next to jump off the "Ps3 exclusive" ship? :D I love it :p

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm seeing less reasons to buy a ps3 in March.

Seriously a lot of the exclusives that would sway me are now 360 bound so what's the point.

I think Sony are going to be in trouble, I never thought they would be. But recent first hand experience of Wii interest/adoration from people who dont game, and 360 getting a lot of the ps3 exclusives and selling nearly 4 million consoles during the holiday season alone (2 million each approx in USA & Europe), I think it's a certain inevitability that ps3 is going to have a tough time in 2007... :eek:

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Tekken 6?! Eep. Tekken 1 was adored in my household, then Tekken 2 was put above it (Devil and Angel?! woo!). I sorta dropped off there. I enjoy a good fighter and if this is good (and true) then it's sort of game I'd love to try again.

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As long as Sony keeps Fumito Ueda (and his team) in-house, they'll still get a chunk of my hard earned cash for a PS3.

Once he puts out another game anyway. That might be another year or two.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Dammit, you're right. Curse SotC for being so amazing.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm thinking sony has some new titles up its shirt...its the only way I see them letting the big guns go but now if MGS4 and Silent Hill come to the 360...I'm set.

Bless

9. davidwes macrumors regular

Give me Final Fantasy 13 on the 360 and I would never buy a PS3

10. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

That is very much my sentiment, along with Heavenly Sword (although getting HS onto 360 might be easier - just walk down there one lunch break [Ninja Theory are less than 10 minutes walk down the road] and talk 'em round :D)

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

You might be right. On the other hand, franchises usually do much better then new property.

It could also be that they've lost more money on PS3 then they ever have, and that none of their other division are profitable... they might just not have the resources to secure titles as exclusives when publishers show them how much it'll cost them (since going multi-platform will be hugely profitable considering the install base of the other systems).

12. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

MSG is due out on the 360... not sure about SH.

...actually from some googling, depends where you look. Some people say it is, some people say it isn't :) I'd think financial pressure alone would force it out on the 360. Just not enough people with PS3s for a publisher to make money on a PS3 game release yet.

13. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

They've said it's very possible, but haven't confirmed anything as yet about MGS

14. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

tekken is suchhhhhhhhhh a played out series, sony's exclusive franchises are dwindling rapidly