Tekserve Customer Service?!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OmiTakeo, Feb 20, 2007.

1. OmiTakeo macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2007
    Hey there,

I am wondering if people have similar stories about bad Tekserve customer service in New York.

I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau, since in all my life I have NEVER had such unprofessional treatment. And I certainly have never had someone I was paying for a service outright lie to my face.

VERY long story short - I brought my new macbook in for repairs. I was told upon a diagnost being run, that all the problems I was having were very consistent with the 1st generation of the new macbook.

They sent it out to Mac to be repaired as it was still well-under warranty. Mac found "Spill damage" in the laptop and cancelled the warranty.

Now I knew full-well that spill damage could not have occurred in my care. However strangely enough, wandering around Tekserve, there are open bottles of water, soda and cups of coffee everywhere the eye can see.

Essentially, I said to manager, Hank Gonzalez that I believed the spill damage happened in their care. While he disagreed, he said he'd do some research into it. 2 months later, I get an angry call from him demanding the store's rental laptop back. I replied saying I wasn't bringing it back in until I had my own back in working condition.

Another month and a half later, I get a call from the Rental guy asking why I hadn't returned it and I told him the story. He called me a few days later and said they had decided to repair my macbook and to come pick it up. I went, and swapped laptops with Hank Gonzalez, who again told me he'd given me a new logic board.

When I got home, my computer wouldn't even turn on. And when I called Tekserve, all of a sudden, my account said "This customer can ONLY speak to Hank Gonzalez." So I wrote to the owner, who made excuses and claimed that they've done nothing wrong.

I'm outraged. Anyone have simliar experiences?
  2. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i had a bad experience years ago before they moved into their new large premises.

i don't understand though, why people buy their Macs at TekServe when there's now two huge Apple stores in Manhattan...

i'd never shop at TekServe again, i just hate the place, same as B and H, just the way they do things, so ass backwards.
  3. JesseDegenerate macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2011

I think your a terrible consumer, who doesn't deserve to shop at tekserve.

Tekserve sent your machine for warranty service, since apple doesn't allow them to do that stuff onsite anymore. (apples been biting at their core business of fixing things for a long time, if you'll remember, they used to fix printers, monitors etc.)

Apple then (not tekserve) says you have spill damage. You disagree, while holding a tekserve rental. You say nothing, holding the rental, hoping for things to slip down the cracks, as they did.

as far as i can see, the only place you really have to be mad is at the end, when you got what you kinda deserved. You kept a rental for months without paying for it, when you broke your computer. The story is so weak it makes me wonder what you had done to the computer when you got home.

the entitlement generation will kill this planet
  4. leitmotif macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2011
    They used to be a dealer for a company I worked for. I always thought they were great and never had any problems. Then again, I was/am not a customer of theirs.