Telepathic connection with iPod

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macette, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Macette macrumors 6502

I have a connection with my iPod. If I set it to play songs from my entire collection at random (ie, about 1500 songs on my Pod), I can think really hard and make it play the ones I want it to play, without touching any buttons.

At least, it's worked the last few times.

Pretty cool... I knew Apple were ahead of the game, but not THIS far ahead.

{DISCLAIMER FOR AMERICANS: I'm JOKING] :D

2. job macrumors 68040

job

If I think really really hard, I imagine that my old cassette player is an iPod...

But then I open my eyes.... :( ;) :D :p

3. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

This morning I knew what the next song to be randomly played was as the song before it was about to end, that was really cool....

this is out of over 3000 songs on it to....all I thought was "weird"

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Too bad it doesn't always work, or I'd be thinking really hard about an iPod flying across the room and smacking some sense into you.

[​IMG]

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

And my iPod some times play nazzi messages by it self!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

7. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

It may be closer than you think. In one of the most recent issues of Popular Science, there's an article about a blind guy who uses a camera and a brain implant to see. In that article it also talks about a guy who had a different brain implant, but which was attached to a radio transmitter. With it, he was able to make a robotic hand across the room make a fist. :eek: Some stuff like that. And with the iPod FM transmitter :eek::eek:... who knows...

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Telepathic connection with iPod

Now why did you have to go say that?!?!?

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

At least you have an old cassette player....:(

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

After owning more than 5 portable cassette players I'd have to say that I don't ever want one again. I'll probably go with an iPod eventually, but right now I don't use anything - not really needing portable music.

I remember getting a brand new digital FM Sony walkman - the yellow one for its ruggedness and waterproof option. This was in 92 and it was very slick. I used it for a month on the Greenland Icesheet and only had about a dozen different tapes with me. But it lasted the whole trip, didn't get bothered by the cold and I have it in a drawer someplace now. Don't think I ever really used it much after that, maybe on another trip or two on a plane, but its such a pain to carry around the tapes.

D

11. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Telepathic connection with iPod

Cos sometimes you guys get so kind of... humourless. I mean, your style of humour is different or something. I was just imagining somebody writing back something along the lines of "Well technically speaking it's impossible to communicate telepathically with an iPod because Apple hasn't developed the appropriate wireless protocol" or something. :D