Telephone Dialer & Recorder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PTaubman, Dec 15, 2006.

1. PTaubman macrumors newbie

Greetings!

I am looking for an app that will allow me to dial via Apple's USB modem and record the call. I am involved with a lot of conference calls (where I listen, not necessarily talk) and I would like to record them as mp3 or some other audio file.

Shareware is fine, and commercial software is also ok. I know there are a lot of these apps on Windows machines, but I want it on my Mac :)

An extra bonus would be the capability to set the time to make this call in the event I am not home at the time of the call.

Thanks for your help!

Paul.

2. PTaubman thread starter macrumors newbie

How about this then...

Since my first question posted resulted in 0 replies, I suspect that such an application does not exist!

How about this: Can someone suggest an application that simply dials a number and stays connected until th user disconnects? I came across Dialers that will dial, but do not stay connected?

Thanks!

Have a Wonderful New Year!

Paul.

3. PTaubman thread starter macrumors newbie

Still Trying...

Let me see if I can get any ideas with this suggestion...

For those of your with Apple Scripting experience, would it be possible to script something to dial a phone number via the modem at a specific time, run a recording app (such as Sound Studio or even Wire Tap Pro) and then stop recording and hang up at another time?

I would think that would work, but before digging into it, I thought I would ask :)

Thanks!

Paul.

4. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

not sure, but PhoneValet might handle some of your needs.