Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dakotaspurs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Hi there,

This product may not exist but I thought this wold be the best place to find out.

I am in the UK and use a landline phone like everyone else, but does anyone know of any telephones that I can connect to the iMac as well so I can see on my screen who is calling me and also dial out through the Address Book as well?

I am not looking for a VOIP solution here, and I am not interested in talking through my iMac, instead I want my desk phone to be able to access the address book on the iMac and for an alert to come up on the screen when someone calls so I can see who is calling?

Thanks in advance.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If it was possible as stated it would require an analog modem with voice support attached to the computer. Not sure if they exist anymore. Another possibility would be equipment designed to do robo-calls. Those probably do exist.

Reactions: dakotaspurs

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
From what I can see TalkTalk is VOIP but I couldn't tell you what features the service has or supports.

If you have a VOIP service that is configurable in a VOIP app such as Zoiper then you might to be able to use it in the way that you envision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.