Tell Me About ShadowBane & World War II Online

Discussion in 'Games' started by nickyj182, Mar 9, 2004.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Has anyone played either of these games on a mac? I am interested in buying one, please let me know whats good and not.

2. LoadRunner macrumors member

I own shadowbane. I have to say I wasn't impressed. There is a memory leek in the application that has been there sense the first version. They have had plenty of documentation. But at least there is a way to turn off the memory leek, witch is abit of a performance hit.
    Out side of that it's pretty much the standard online cash black hole. To really enjoy the game you need two accounts. That way you can power level your new characters. Most of the classes are gimp. The game generally is imbalanced, and has been lacking any real story. It can take an hours running through empty areas to kill any thing worth killing. Large battles lag the server. Monster spawn in the same place over in over again. Plus there removing some items, witch means new user will be at a serious disadvantage. Other items are a must have, but only experienced players can get ahold of these items. Other items can only be bought for large sums of cash. Oh and to play in pvp you'll really need to get the expansion pack. Other wise you'll be stuck at level 60 while every one will be at 80.
    Your talking about 200 dollar per account for the first year. And if you want the second account that'll be 400 dollars.

I wouldn't buy shadowbane game again. For 200 dollar you could get sim city 4000, oni, q3a, wolfinestine, Unreal 2004, the sims and never winter nights. If your not intrsted in those game maybe you'd be interested in: Medal of Honor: Spearhead , cod, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, cod, no one live for ever 2, Warcraft III.
    For 200 you could even get a ps2 and a game. Like Dance dance or prince of Persia: the sands of time, max pain, or even grand theft out vice city.

If your really interested in an online rpg World of Warcraft it's just a better game.