Tell me if this ever happens on your TV....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xander562, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Ok so i was flipping around on the TV (as i usually do) and i come to this one specific channel: it's a Windows 95 or 98 desktop...... and that's it just some person's incredibly outdated desktop being broadcast on public TV. I think it's a local channel because the colors are a little wonky. This channel does that QUITE OFTEN it seems at least once a week it's like this. And i noticed while i was on vacation in Alaska (i'm in Southern California right now) a channel was also like this! Same windows 95 or 98, only it had a twist, there was a norton antivirus update window open. :p that gave me a good laugh. Also later on today i found yet another channel, it was a the default Windows XP screensaver, and to be sure it wasnt the same one, i went around the horn looking for the other, i found it, still with the Windows 98 desktop. I wonder if the person even knows their computer is on TV.

Does anyone else get these random channels with someone's desktop on them?

2. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

you're probably just picking up a public access channel or some such. The college TV station where I used to work had a desktop rigged to run through the mixer and straight out to broadcast. It was useful for running title cards or stuff that you didn't want to put together in the video toaster.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I know that here in Illinois, the public access channels are typically just Powerpoint presentations. Whenever they need to update them, or the slideshow stops for some reason, the desktop is what shows up.

5. Eeyore macrumors newbie

Eeyore