Tell me if your iPod touch crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chicagopepper, Sep 20, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

At first mine would crash at times while I'm using Safari. No big deal, I'll wait and hope its a bug they'll fix in an update.

Now it will crash randomly just when listening to music. Sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when I hit the next track button. Has happened about 5-7 times in the past week.

Thoughts?

edit: by crash, I mean it goes back to the home screen and stops anything I was doing.

2. macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

hasn't crashed on me yet. I mostly use Safari though, but the times I do listen to music it's been fine.

The only problems I've had are the screen ones, and sometimes safari is unresponsive, but that clears up fast.

3. macrumors 68000

Arisian

4. macrumors 601

gloss

I've had some crashing issues and a constant issue with music stopping during web browsing, but I fully expect those to be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

5. macrumors Core

6. macrumors 6502a

JD92

I've not used web browsing much, but so far Safari has crashed once. When I plugged my iPod in again after the crash, iTunes said it was going to send Apple info of the crash and gave me the option to cancel. Of course I sent it the info, and you should too! Let's help Apple to improve the iPhone and iPod's stability issues, it'll make it better for everyone.

7. macrumors member

I have this problem, too. But I still love it. And I'm confident it will get better with software updates.

8. macrumors regular

for people with those problems...do you power off your ipod? Mine has been better since i started to shut it off more often.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad these are pretty standard problems, hopefully will be fixed with an update.

10. macrumors 6502a

Yea a simple firmware update should fix this.

11. macrumors member

PodHead

I have a crasher but it's purely software, it will be easily fixed with an update.

12. macrumors 68040

squeeks

i have the oppisite problem (well not really a problem anymore)

it used to crash when i first got it, but now it dosent crash anymore

13. macrumors newbie

bmonzing

I have these same issues + it crashes when swiping through cover flow quickly (even when music isn't playing. Possibly because my battery was under 20%...

I'm hopeful for that first update, as well.