Temp. Monitors screwed up.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sulhaq, Aug 18, 2006.

1. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Okay all my temp. monitors are screwed up. Unfortunately during updating to 10.4.7 I had CoreDuoTemp opened up and it gave some kind of an error that now I cannot remember. After that all temp. monitors are screwed up now. I have coreduotemp and istat nano, both show the exact temparature of my macbook when I open them for the FIRST time, then they are stuck there. If my macbook gets cooler than that or hotter than that initial temp. they always show that one same temp.

How can I fix this, this is extremely annoying to me.

Thanks.

2. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

delete it and reinstall.
    alot of people had this probelm and this seems to have helped some hope it helps you

3. sulhaq thread starter macrumors regular

sulhaq

sorry for not posting this earlier. But I already did that. Trashed everything that had "coreduo" attached to it and re-installed. no change.

4. sulhaq thread starter macrumors regular

sulhaq

Can someone please help me. In an act of desperation I completely formatted my main volume and re-installed osx with no success :(

5. Bongolo macrumors regular

If someone has found a solution to this problem and could share it with us, it would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

/Bongolo

6. Bongolo macrumors regular

Interestingly, I found a post by traget on another forum:

7. mustgroove macrumors regular

Would this bug have any possible adverse impact on the Macbooks' ability to detect when it's about to melt & turn on the fan? Because it doesn't seem to on my machine... "yes >/dev/null" and MemtestOSX both cause the fan to kick in after a relatively short period of time, despite the bug being there...

And yes it would be handy to have a firmware fix for this...

8. mustgroove macrumors regular

10.4.8 appears to have fixed this for me - CoreDuoTemp is now updating normally so far...