Temperature monitor that updates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by inlimbo, Jul 1, 2005.

1. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Hi,

Where can I find a (free/shareware) temperature monitor that updates?
    iPulse doesn't seem to work and I just tried TemperatureMonitor but it doesn't update either. Its got something to do with my PB being a revision D apparently

Cheers
    inlimbo...

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Not sure what you mean about updates, but TemperatureMonitor gives continual temperature data in five locations within your computer. Works on my iBook anyway.

3. inlimbo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah sorry what I mean is that it updates what the temperature is when the PB gets hotter. When I intalled Temperature Monitor the temperature readings did not change when I tried to make the thing run hotter (i.e. opened up heaps of progs and ripped a CD). TemperatureMonitor said that it only shows the temperature that the PB was running at when it was first run. Apparently it can't give continuous temperature readings for the Rev D PBs. So I would have to keep closing and opening temperatureMonitor to get accurate readings.

I suppose there is a Dashborn app for this but Im not running Tiger.

4. Dyaus macrumors member

I have the same issue with TemperatureMonitor not updating the temperatures. However, it's listed on there site to not work with Rev D. powerbooks.

"Added support for the 12-inch, 15-inch, and 17-inch PowerBook G4 models released in February 2005. Note that current versions of Mac OS X are not capable of refreshing most temperature sensor readings of the February 2005 15-inch model, and the February 2005 17-inch model."