Temperature Sensors?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qbmcnabb108, Dec 27, 2006.

1. qbmcnabb108 macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Hello all, I do not know if this is the right place to put this so if it is in the wrong place please move it. I downloaded iStat Pro and I want to display the temperature but it says N/A. Where can I access the temperature/fan sensors or download them or what not to make this work?

Thanks, qb

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

My understanding is that you have to have the SpeedIt kernel extension installed in order to see the temps. The easiest way to do this is to install CoreDuoTemp.

(Mind you that I don't have an Intel Mac and thus haven't done this myself, but that's supposedly how it's supposed to work. :D )

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm assuming this widget is on your MacBook? Some widgets are still having trouble with the intel sensors. iStatPro requires SpeedIt to work properly with intel Macs (although I am completely unfamiliar with it, so I won't be of any help beyond this).

You might want to give miniStat2 a try, as the software it needs is already bundled with it. (After the several try trial period it costs $5 however).

4. qbmcnabb108 thread starter macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Yeah i have miniStat2 but it wants me to pay the money. It is a really good widget but I dont know if its worth the money. I'm using iStat nano since it is a small package and Core Duo Temp is working but it doesn't sense fan speed. Oh well its not really that important.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I love miniStat2. It's the best $5 I ever spent. :) :cool:

6. qbmcnabb108 thread starter macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Really? lol I really like that widget but if you ever have to reinstall Tiger or upgrade to Leopard will that widget get erased?

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You can use the activation code as many times as you like (I have it installed on 3 computers).

8. qbmcnabb108 thread starter macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

Really? Wow, I'm considering purchasing it.

Thanks for your help!

9. qbmcnabb108 thread starter macrumors member

qbmcnabb108

I ended up buying the widget, but the demo thing still pops up even after I put in the serial number. Is there something I am doing wrong?