Temple Run 2 - Coin Doubler Opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by tann, Jan 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Has anyone bought this?

It was only £2.99 here in the UK and I've played the first and I assume will play this new game so much I figured I may as well buy something of theirs.

When I bought it however it reset my total coins collected stat I think, as it now only says ~3k which is what I got in my last game.

Do you guys think that this doubler is cheating? It does seem to increase your score by a LOT over a set distance compared to not using it.

There's no option to turn it off either.

Anyway, what do you think of it?

FYI my reason for buying it was because I am getting impatient at the rate at which I was getting coins and thought £2.99 now for unlimited double coins sounded better than a similar price for 150k coins instantly.

2. Guest

Sky Blue

I liked the first Temple Run, but I feel the coin doubler price and the gems are just a cash grab.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

I agree it is a cash grab, but the game levelling up and earning coins seems as 'slow' as in the first, which I never bought anything.

I agree I don't like gems though :p

But with the coin doubler, a person effectively gets close to twice the score in half the distance (provided they get coins which most do).

Maybe it should have been offered as a 100k coin unlock or 150k (whatever they wanted). In my mind my scores now seem tainted as I know I have it and my scores are way higher over shorter distances :(

4. macrumors member

ithinkimalion

They should've made it cheaper. Three dollar seems like a much more fair price.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand that, over here it's £2.99 which doesn't sound bad, I just will buy one less drink next time I'm out or something!

But $5.49 sounds LOADS.

With it though I run 12k meters and my coin count is over 11k... talk about ridiculous :p

6. macrumors member

ithinkimalion

It sucks because I regularly get to 25k running so I know I would get a ton of use from this.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Might be worth it for you then, IDK.

It'd probably increase a 25k run by 60+% though, especially if you use coin magnet a lot!

If you compare to friends a lot however might be best not to, definitely now feel that I have an unfair advantage :p

8. macrumors member

ithinkimalion

I would grab it in a minute if I wasn't unemployed. Since I am, each purchase counts now. :(

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

Awh man :( Well, hopefully you find a job soon, and until then, may your scores be higher than mine even with this doubler lol.