'Temple Run 2' Hits the App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 16, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Imangi Studios' iconic endless runner Temple Run proved to be a huge success, having been downloaded more than 170 million times since it launched in mid-2011, and today, a surprise sequel to the original game hit the App Store.

Temple Run 2 features the same danger-filled action-packed experience found in the first Temple Run game, but it includes new power ups, a mine cart, zip lines, and an even bigger monkey, according to the App Store description. The game is also set in a new environment and it features enhanced graphics.

Our sister site TouchArcade got an early look at the game and had this to say:
    Temple Run 2 is currently available as a free download from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Temple Run 2' Hits the App Store

2. macrumors member

Same old game with a different environment.
    Moving on..

3. macrumors 603

Carlanga

New Pitfall, I mean Temple Run lol

4. macrumors regular

Bummer. I was hoping to get some sleep tonight

5. bjm2660, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

macrumors 6502

Temple 2!!!!

Strange, it doesn't come up with a search. The direct link above works though.

6. macrumors member

Really unstable for me on my iPod touch 4th gen, ended up dying so many times because of the lag. The game plays and looks amazing on the iPod touch 5th gen though.

7. macrumors 6502

This is somewhat more intense than I thought. Nice enhancement to an already addictive game.

8. macrumors 65816

kjs862

i never tried this game but with all the positive comments maybe i'll give it a shot!

9. macrumors regular

Fun game for sure! I still play part one a lot :)

10. macrumors 6502a

ah yeah! :cool:

11. macrumors member

I download this game on my phone,and played for some times,still not very clear about the game rule now,but it seems very interesting.

12. macrumors 604

Milk it baby, milk it :cool:

13. macrumors 6502

Played this for a few hours tonight/this morning. My head hurts. It's awesome

14. macrumors newbie

I downloaded and played, really it is awesome. Graphics are very good quality!! I came to know a long path after getting fail so many times. So crazy now also playing and my highest score is 9,89,550 ...

15. macrumors regular

Enough exercise for the day. Played "Temple Run" for couple of hours

16. macrumors 6502

tarasis

An okay upgrade, though the mine car is kinda cool, don't get why MacRumors is covering it though. TouchArcade yes.

17. macrumors member

I've always wondered whether people who are always putting down the efforts of others are over-achievers themselves.

Would love to see your creations max.

18. macrumors regular

The graphics are soooo good. Scary though since Im scared of height :eek:

19. macrumors 6502a

BornAgainApple

Because Arn runs both sites.

20. macrumors member

Never said anything to put down the dev. Just said that it the same thing as the first temple run and didn't say that wasn't a good game either.
    Heck I played this game for about an hour and got bored of it and left a 5 star review.
    If anything I just gave constructive criticism.

21. macrumors 65816

AND it's free too!
    easy download

22. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

I really like the first Temple Run, and while the new graphics are extremely beautiful in 2, a lot of the new scenery is very distracting that it's not very enjoyable to play. Everything blends in together.

23. macrumors regular

AppleGuesser

Have to say this is a pretty intense update. The way the landscape goes up and down, along with interactions with the environment like zip lining. Its a pretty nice change.

For all the haters, of course this is the same game with a different environment. Isnt that the point? I dont understand.

24. macrumors 68000

It's Apple's horrible Chomp acquisition. Searching the exact title of an app won't return the app as the first result if something more popular has one of the keywords.

"Baby Run - Jump Star"? Come on!

25. macrumors G3

charlituna

I don't mind them doing it since you can totally play the games and never spend any real money. its the ones where it's basically impossible to move past X level without putting up some cash that bug me.

----------

Actually it's more a combo of it being new and possibly not fully indexed yet and the overall ****** meta data. All the Apple Stores need a makeover in the metadata department. One useful change might be to stop indexing descriptions that way folks cant pad in things like "great for fans of Temple Run" in games that are nothing like it but they want it to show in searches.