Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Christian 5G, Jan 19, 2013.
We all know we tried and got addicted to temple run 2.
Share your high scores and thoughts
I don't even know how to cheat. I come nowhere close to that score even on TR1.
Update new high score,
I don't cheat, have no idea how to even do that. There are still bags that needs to be fixed. Sometimes I just can't jump over 3 objects its impossible.
Which upgrades should one take for higher scores? I am nowhere near completing all the tasks in the menu on tr1, maybe I did 25%. Why would I want a different runner or wallpapers anyways?
I have just over 12million at the moment.
I also have the coin doubler though... My longest distance is only 19400m or so!
Thought I might share this.
I wasn't that good at the original so I didn't play enough to get a feel for it. But TR2 doesn't seem to get any more difficult/fast as you get further.
I lost one life at 300k. Lost one at 2.5mill. Then I was just in the zone and died again at 12.5, and then once more.
That first death was due to two spike wheels next to after each other. Don't remember #2. #3 I think I ran off a turn.
But anyway. I never thought I'd get that 10mill objective
EDIT: I don't have the coin doubler.
My high score is about 6.5 Million. What is the Coin Doubler that people are talking about? Is it an in game skill or something? Or do you have to buy it?
I did find a useful bug that I'll share. I use the Magnet skill all the time. The problem is, when active, all the coins you collect are just collected and don't count to refilling the skill meter. Well if you use your skill and then TRIP on purpose, the skill meter (coin level on the left) will clear (you just cleared it when you used your skill so no big deal) and now you can collect coins when using the Magnet skill. Once you get to the triple value coins, you'll almost always have your skill meter filled and can almost always have the magnet up. Also, as an added bonus, slows you down making things easier.
Other bugs :
- If you have a magnet skill up, and then get the magnet power up (or vice versa), when one runs out, they both do. Thus if you have a magnet skill and it is JUST about done and pick up the magnet power up, it will end right away.
- The stats do not accurately reflect what you've achieved. It says "Lifetime coins : 2049" but you currently have 25,494 coins.
My high score is just over 10 millions.
A few bugs I've noticed:
- The Sprint powerup will sometimes end but you will keep your high speed without keeping your invincibility, and naturally die quickly after because it's so hard to play at this speed.
- After you died following the previous bug, you will respawn at normal speed instead of gradually speeding up like you normally would. Better than sprint speed at least!
- The gorilla once teleported next to me and ate me even though I haven't even tripped once.
- The progress bar for objectives isn't always accurate.
- I have the same objective about running 1,000,000 lifetime meters twice (at the same time). Weirdly, the two progress bars don't display exactly the same progress.
- One objective was wrong by a 1000 factor. Said something like "Collect 2,500,000 coins" but you actually had to collect 2,500 to get it.
- Can't see high-score if you're not logged into Game Center. Took me a while to figure out why pressing the button did nothing. It should at least give you an alert like "Please log into Game Center to see high scores".
The whole game feels incredibly low-budget for a series that got downloaded hundreds of millions of time. Voice acting is terrible, there are lots of bugs, graphics are fine for a mobile game but they are repetitive. Animations and collisions could be better considering there are only a few and characters' face are weird like they pasted an actual picture on top of a 3D model. The UI has glitches and some 2D elements aren't at native resolution on a Retina iPad, and there are sounds lacking like they were forgotten (like waterfalls that don't make any sound).
I can't really blame developers since they're a super small team (1 game designer, 1 programmer and 2 artists) but why the hell don't they expand and find a way to monetize this game other than in-app purchases? Then they could add the level of detail you expect from a game with this kind of popularity. (As a reference, the Temple Run franchise is about as popular as the Call of Duty franchise in terms of number of players for every title combined).
Don't get me wrong, the game is incredibly addictive and I'm spending a lot of time on it, It's just that this addictive gameplay has so much more potential and I'm tired of developers not taking mobile gaming seriously. Console games will have hundreds of developers working for years while this was made by only 4 people.
I love iOS gaming but games like this and Infinity Blade always leave me wanting for more. I hate how we say "It's good for a mobile game" like our standards for mobile games should be lower than for real consoles. We have the horse power to run games with decent graphics, now developers, please, take mobile gaming seriously and please release games that feel more thought-out and complete.
I personally wouldn't mind paying $5 for a Temple Run 3 with the kind of attention to details (in terms of graphics, sounds, gameplay, UI, replay value) you'd expect from a console/handheld game, even if the core gameplay is still as repetitive as currently.
Oh, and I almost forgot: Please add iCloud saves to sync between iPhone and iPad versions of the app!
Once I started on tower defense games recently, I have not even missed the Temple Run games. I have not even bothered to download TR Brave either.
THIS! Seriously, in todays age it seems like lots of people have iPhones and iPads; one for out and about and one for when they get home. Syncing games between the two is really important.