Temporary Folder in Home Directory?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by damson34, Jan 25, 2004.

1. damson34 macrumors 6502

Lately I have been getting a folder in my Home Directory called temporary Item. Does anyone know what does this? I will delete it and a few days later it will re appear. Anyone else had this problem?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i think that might be from some application creating it. i'm not really sure, but it could be something like Toast creating that folder to cache data during a burn.

but i don't think it's anything to do with OS X, so it should be okay to delete it.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There's also no harm in leaving it there and not worrying about it. Of course, if you are like me, you can't go on with your life without knowing what causes that folder to appear. The simplest way to find out might be to erase it, then leave your home folder open in a small window on your screen, so you can keep an eye on it, and see if you can notice when the folder appears. It will no doubt be the result of something you do in one of your applications, e.g., launching, importing or exporting, printing, etc. You can also do a Get Info on that folder and see when it was created. If you figure it out, please post and tell us.

4. damson34 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have been sitting here trying to figure out what could cause it. I know it isnt toast since i dont have that installed. The only two different things i have done lately are install iLife and copy my home folder over to my iPod but I dont see the iPod doing it somehow.