Tempreture Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisleeroth, Jun 2, 2005.

1. chrisleeroth macrumors member

I just read a new thread about how to tell what temp your computer is running at. When I downloaded it, the temp would not refresh and would only display the tempreture of the comp when booting up. Does anybody know of a good program that tells the temp of various parts of the computer in real time? I am running Tiger on a brand new powerbook 17 and just want to see what this mother runs at.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

XRG works very well... individual temperatures for CPU and GPU (and more), and also monitors CPU usage, memory and the network traffic (etc.). Can live on your desktop without having a dock icon (or running Konfabulator or any Dashboard hacks).

Edit: You can get it free at VersionTracker Mac OS X.

3. chrisleeroth thread starter macrumors member

I kind of want something just with tempreture, also maybe something that stays on the top right of the screen by the clock and bluetooth icon.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

There should be tools that does this, too... just search on VersionTracker Mac OS X. I had a CPU temperature indicator in my menu for a while, but since I couldn't remove the dock icon it drove my mad after a while. I don't remember what it was called, but you probably find it searching for CPU and temperature on VersionTracker... ;)

Edit: Used to have this one, Temperature Monitor, and it seems to have evolved a bit since then. Now you can display temperature in the menu bar (or wherever) without the dock icon, too...

5. dpeachey83 macrumors newbie

dpeachey83

My First Post!

Try this - http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

It does have an icon that appears in the dock, but that doesn't annoy me, and it is possible to have a menu/monitor next to the bluetooth icon etc at the top of the desktop (or whatever it is on the mac - recent convert)...

Currently says my Powerbook 17 inch (1.5GHz) is running at 40.8C, with Panther (10.3), and reduced CPU power usage to try and ensure that it doesn't get too hot and thus hopefully prolong the life of the CPU (set in Power and Energy)

Anyway, hope this helps (although, I'm not sure if this is supported in Tiger... sorry).