Tempted to buy a 4GB Silver Nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Sep 14, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm thinking of getting a new Nano, especially now that they're less prone to scratches. I know flash players have the edge over the big iPod in terms of speed and sound. I returned my orginial nano because it was just too delicate. I mean my 30GB has a dent on it because i mistakenly threw it accross the room while trying to describe something to a friend. I need something with strong build the aluminium provides, plus this would match my PB.

Anyway, this would also mean i can use my 30GB iPod as a full backup HDD as my entire music library is 3GB worth...for now anyways with the rest being files, folders, software in dmg formats. Plus these are amazing prices.

I'd wait for christmas but requesting presents for christmas doesn't really fly here, meaning you never get what you really want, just a bunch of other useless stuff (oh its a cook book, thanx, i'll definately read it...NOT!). Bottom line if you want something, get it, cos it won't be coming on your birthday or on christmas.

Do i really NEED it?..No but i want it.

Anyhue what do you guys think?

2. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Depends really. What would you use it for? I'd buy it if you were into jogging or going to the gym. Maybe to justify your purchase take up jogging!

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I bought the old nano when it first came out. Probably used it 10 times since then. Its nice though :D I mostly listen to music on my mac thats why I dont use it so often even so the new nanos do look tasty!

4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Go on treat yourself ;)

I ordered the silver 2GB last night, and am also looking to the powerbook colour match... (i'll get out later...)

Just for the day adopt the line of reasoning that you won't live forever...

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'd love to get one of the new Nanos, they're soooo much nicer than the first generation imo. They are what the Nano should always have been, an actual replacement for the second generation iPod Mini. They come in colours, are anodised aluminium and have sizes equal to and greater than the Mini. I have a 6GB mini and I wasn't going to go down in storage size. Now I'm very tempted with the new black Nano.
    I have to say that I've always been very happy with my Mini, primarily because of the size and the Nanos only improve on this. I much prefer the Nanos and the Minis to the bigger iPod due to their size. They literally slip into your pocket and are great on an armband or wristband whilst running, jogging, cycling or skiing. :)

6. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Thanx for all the replies. Decided to just get oone.