1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Ten Step Guide to Creating iPhone Ringtones in GarageBand

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 14, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Tips and How To's
    Link: Ten Step Guide to Creating iPhone Ringtones in GarageBand
    Description:: It was one of Apple’s worst decisions of 2007: even if you owned a song and wanted to use it as an iPhone ringtone, you couldn’t. Instead, the only custom ringtones you could play were ones sold at a ridiculous price through iTunes, or ones that required hacks and third-party applications to create. Today, Apple has fixed its prior bad call, releasing version 4.1.1 of the iLife ‘08 application GarageBand, an update that now lets you create your own custom iPhone ringtones.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 6502

macaddict23

That tutorial was not well written. I've never used Garageband before, and I was lost after Step 2. What's a Propeller? Where is it located? How do I insert that yellow bar at the top. Urgh!

3. macrumors newbie

so you can use songs that you have IN iTunes, but not ones that you bought FROM iTunes.

4. macrumors 604

QuarterSwede

The missing step from step 2 was Go to Share > Send Ringtone to iPhone. And that should be the LAST step. They screwed the order up. Just skip it and go to step 3.

Also, the "cycle" button is what you'd expect to be loop in the transport controls (Play, FF, RW, etc). Everything else is pretty well explained.