Terminal Dock Command?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by JCorn2, Aug 25, 2004.

1. JCorn2 macrumors member

I was just reading the new version of MacAddict and they were talking about a third dock command besides the genie and scale effects. They described it as a terminal command. If anyone knows anything about this or the actual command I would appreciate the info!
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

They're probably referring to this:
    These commands must be entered in at the Terminal window, hence "Terminal Dock Command".

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's funny that they're making up terminolgy. :D

Besides, you can use the property list editor to do it, and it's less error-prone.

4. OSX Panther macrumors member

ok

im a bit new to mac and i hardly can anythithing with terminal, but. What do these commands really do? And what is the property list editor?

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

These commands change the minimize effect for the Dock. Using the GUI, the cool-looking but slow Genie effect and the much simpler scale effect can be selected. Using the Terminal or Property List Editor, a third effect can be selected - a suck effect. The Property List Editor comes with Apple's free developer tools, called Xcode. If you've used Mac OS X 10.2 and heard about Project Builder - Xcode is Project Builder's replacement. The Property List Editor is a utility used to modify .plist files. Property Lists (.plist extension) are the preferred preferences format for Mac OS X applications.