Terminal impossibly small

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by benwa02, Oct 21, 2006.

1. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    My terminal app is like 15x15 pixels. I cannot maximize it nor resize it with the bottom right tab thingy.

What the heck can I do to fix this?

Its impossible to do anything in the terminal now and I have no clue how this happened just launched it one day and voila, nice and small.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Odd...what happens if you go to Window --> Zoom?
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    ...or Terminal -> Window Settings... -> Window and set some new Dimensions?
  4. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004
    Try clicking on Terminal and select Window Services. Then select Window and see if the rows and columns is correct - although I can't personally change it to anything less than 10 columns and 5 rows. (Edit: like Mitthrawnuruodo said)

Also, try moving your Library/Preferences/com.apple.Terminal.plist and relaunching.
  5. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    That is the best thing I have seen all day. It will be trumped in about 5 minutes when the new girl I am dating gets here! :p
  6. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    Window Zoom just moves the terminal to a different x,y location from the original location....no help.

Changing the window dimensions does not help either.

Also moving that preference so a new one will be created does not work either.

would like this fixed...
  7. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    you are the man. that was it.

took font management too far i guess, would have thought the app would have asked for a missing font like all the other apps do.

thanks a ton.