Terminal Problem under 10.3.2

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by sandro, Jan 8, 2004.

1. sandro macrumors member

Everytime I open Terminal, I get this tiny little window andthere's no way to expand it, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm attaching a picture of what it looks like, this happened right after I upgraded to Panther - Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. myrt macrumors newbie

If I had to take a guess I'd guess that some how your window dimensions are jacked. Go to Terminal > Window Settings > Window... numbers should default at 80 columns and 24 rows. If that doesn't fix it, toss the prefs and maybe you'll get lucky.

3. sandro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I tried what you said, but nothing fixed it.
    Thanks anyways

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hi,

1) Have you tried changing your default font in the terminal preferences? I'm wondering if the window is trying to size to 80x24 for a font that's invalid/broken for some reason.

2) This won't directly solve your problem, but why don't you give iTerm a try and see if it works as expected (that is, make sure the problem is isolated to terminal.app and not some wider font issue).

http://iterm.sourceforge.net/

iTerm is actually what I use instead of terminal, mainly because I like having multiple tabbed terminals all in one window.

5. Ugimom macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. Have you disabled Monaco in Font Book?
    Re-enabling it immediately fixed the "window is nothing more than a close button" problem for me.

6. sandro thread starter macrumors member

I repaired permissions and now it works fine, which is funny, since I repaired permissions last week but didn't do anything then. oh well, it works now!
    thanks guys for all your help and suggestions