Terminator 3: ROTM or The Matrix Reloaded?

Discussion in 'Community' started by garzy, Apr 26, 2003.

1. garzy macrumors regular

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

?

Well i think the matrix will kick the t3 ass because that movie is so old.

3. garzy thread starter macrumors regular

t3 isnt even out yet. you can see it july 2nd. if your referring to the 1st terminator, the only reason you think its old is beacause you werent even born when it came out

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/t3/large.html

LOOK AT ARNOLD IN THIS TRAILER! HE IS SUCH A BADASS!

4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i'm definitely looking forward to the matrix more than i am t3. t3 is either gona be a total bomb or a great movie.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

omg u must be joking. It looks horrible. So increadibly corny.

The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions are gunna rock.

6. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Next, Terminator 4: Revenge and a Can of WD-40.
    Arnold just needs to accept the fact that his movie star days are coming to a close. He's still a star but he needs to do something else besides action movies. And I don't mean more movies like "Jingle All the Way".

7. garzy thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, T3 is corny. But its corny cause its an action flick. The Matrix is just as corny. Neither of these pictures are going to be winning awards at film festivals this year.

8. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

muharharhar... T3?! the trailer is just ridiculous...

"she'll be back!!!" - buharharhar...

vSpacken

9. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

The Matrix is soooooo much cooler than Terminator. The Terminator movies were just good action flix. The Matrix was a cultural phenomenon. I expect Matrix Reloaded to be much, much better than T3.

10. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

ummm the matrix is the new star wars.

t3 will only be finished between schwartzy's trips to the dialysis machine.

11. garzy thread starter macrumors regular

A cultural phenomenon? McDonalds is also a cultural phenomenon.

did you notice that the past 2 new star wars movies bombed?

12. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

the matrix set new standards in movie production. new filming techniques were introduced which are used by most movies today.

even though the last two weren't up to par, the movies of the original trilogy were some of the best ever made.

13. garzy thread starter macrumors regular

the matrix was a good action movie

im not trying to bash any movies, but other people are already reviewing T3 before theyve even seen it

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I believe that is a non-question

Matrix Reloaded and revolution by far.

15. King Cobra macrumors 603

I fell like the only person on the boards standing up for T3. Not to many people would go to see T3 if there wasn't a featured feminicity. It would be more like T2 remixed. Besides, even though A. Schwartz. may be 60 or whatever he still has both a dark voice for a great, modern movie scheme and an attire to make him seem like some dark killer. All of this plays mind games, making A. Schwartz. appear as a dominant figure. The downside here is people know what he sounds like, as well as his lines. That's one reason for the controversy.

Why do you think people went to see House Of 1000 Corpses even with the very few sites? You had a feminicity (Rob Zombie's wife) in the movie and a horror film, which makes it pretty easy to adopt a dominant figure. The figure here is the movie, not just a person.

In support for the Matrix, yes, there are some unique and modern techniques to apply as special effects and, yes, it is a new and original theme. But the dominant theme of this new technology has an "awesome" effect on the viewer.

The Matrix is more of a fun movie, while Terminator is a growing theme of dominance.

It's difficult to compare the two movies. The Matrix is based on new, supernatural physics, while Terminator is based on the constant theme of robots with supernatural powers.

16. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Mmmmm....dollar menu!! :p

17. h'biki macrumors regular

Yes and no. The Matrix used techniques which had been around for a while in commercials and music videos. But it was the first time they had been used in a feature.

But 'new techniques' isn't what made the first Matrix so good. The Phantom Menace was the first film to use a completely digital character integrated with live action. Doesn't mean Jar Jar was a good idea.

I think the Matrix worked cause it was fun fun fun. It didn't take itself seriously.

My worry is that the sequels will take themselves too seriously and posit being cutting edge above being fun.

Just my useless $0.1c (I live in .AU. Currency exchange is a bitch)

18. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

19. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Robots with supernatural powers?
    Who is to say what powers robots have or do not have! ;)

Its not even close to either of these. Scary movie is making a simple parody of other movies, what they need is their own story line. :p

20. calm macrumors newbie

Scary Movie 3 is meant to be fun
    The terminators have become fun
    The Matrix is real...
    (I was going to say life, but...)

But the Matrix is a different format in the way of background (hackers are suddenly more acceptable by the younger majority society) than T3, which is...
    I'll be back
    She'll be back
    My Kidney will be back...

21. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Tell me how IS he possible back, you need to explain how liquid metal, DIDN't melt him?
    'there is one last chip, *points to head*'
    Then he goes into the liquid hot metal and... guess what, should Melt or DIE.

how are the going to un-do this in T3?

22. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

A. Schwarz doesn't have to be playing the same cyborg. The "evil" cyborg he played in T1 was destroyed too, remember? Then he came back as a different, "good" cyborg in T2. So who knows who he'll be playing in T3?

23. BrittasMac macrumors member

Eh? It seems that you have already reviewed T3 and Matrix Reloaded for us, as your first post clearly states:

So, you've seen both movies then?

24. City of Glass macrumors member

Based on their most recent American trailers alone, The Matrix: Reloaded appears to be of a MUCH higher production value than Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines; not only this, but the Matrix: Reloaded has to its merit the same writers and directors as it prequel, The Matrix. Terminator 3 does not. T3 was "spawned" by Mario Kassar (C2 Pictures), who owns the franchise, NOT James Cameron, who wrote and directed the previous two movies (The Terminator; Terminator 2: Judgment Day). Therefore it has a high likelihood of Hollywood tarnish -- the original message, intent, etc., blurred by corporate execs. The Matrix: Reloaded has a deeper well of allies, since its Promo & Marketing has been stupendously good -- with Warner Brothers quietly supporting such splinters as "The Animatrix" series, to draw in support, anticipation, and excitement from Anime fans -- and as supplement to appease those eager for the "real" thing --

HOWEVER, Terminator 3's "international trailer," released the same time as its American teaser, is nearly the same quality as the recent Matrix: Reloaded one. A critic could say that the two are "equal" -- the Matrix has to its disadvantage the "Disneyland Castle" at its tail-end, and Terminator 3 (International) has to its disadvantage a badly imitated version of the American military (however this transcends all movies).

You may view both trailers at the following addresses:

The Matrix Reloaded:
    http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

Terminator 3 International:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/t3-international/

25. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

THE MATRIX RELOADED!
    Sorry, had to get that out of my system :D I just can't wait!!!