Terminator 3 vs. Matrix Reloaded -- Trailers

Discussion in 'Community' started by City of Glass, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City of Glass macrumors member

Based on their most recent American trailers alone, The Matrix: Reloaded appears to be of a MUCH higher production value than Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines; not only this, but the Matrix: Reloaded has to its merit the same writers and directors as it prequel, The Matrix. Terminator 3 does not. T3 was "spawned" by Mario Kassar (C2 Pictures), who owns the franchise, NOT James Cameron, who wrote and directed the previous two movies (The Terminator; Terminator 2: Judgment Day). Therefore it has a high likelihood of Hollywood tarnish -- the original message, intent, etc., blurred by corporate execs. The Matrix: Reloaded has a deeper well of allies, since its Promo & Marketing has been stupendously good -- with Warner Brothers quietly supporting such splinters as "The Animatrix" series, to draw in support, anticipation, and excitement from Anime fans -- and as supplement to appease those eager for the "real" thing --

HOWEVER, Terminator 3's "international trailer," released the same time as its American teaser, is nearly the same quality as the recent Matrix: Reloaded one. A critic could say that the two are "equal" -- the Matrix has to its disadvantage the "Disneyland Castle" at its tail-end, and Terminator 3 (International) has to its disadvantage a badly imitated version of the American military (however this transcends all movies).

You may view both trailers at the following addresses:

The Matrix Reloaded:
    http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

Terminator 3 International:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/t3-international/

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

tell me why we not only need a Matrix reloaded vs T3 thread, BUT a differnt thread on the TRAILERS of these two movies..

BTW, you totally messed up the T3 int. link, last I'v heard T3 was made by WB...

3. City of Glass thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for pointing out the link thing. Fixed it now. Should be functioning properly.

Columbia pictures is in charge of overseas production, and they're a Sony subsidiary.

Honest reason for posting a new thread: wasn't sure this would be read if tacked on to the end of that long monster. Also, it didn't quite follow the exact theme of the other thread.

But I suppose I could delete this and re-post as a Reply to that thread.

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass

(edit): I just found this same post in the original T3 or Matrix 2 thread, and for that I apologize -- I must have thought the issue so important that I quoted my own thread into that one. Unfortunate that I cannot delete this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.