Terminus(space simulator) coming to OSX

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dont Hurt Me, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Terminus a space simulator that was released for os 9 a while back showed great promise in the demo i played. It was buggy but made you feel like you really were in controle of your own spaceship going through star gates and having battles in space. Most realistic space simulator i had ever seen on the Mac. Now inside mac games reports that there is work going on to bring this to OSX.If this happens this will be a lot of Fun for those of you that like simulators,star trek,star wars and the idea of really piloting your own space vehicle through space. Anyone out there have terminus for os9 and your comments please.

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Re: Terminus(space simulator) coming to OSX

Hate to reply to my post but i want MacGamers to see how cool this game could be on OSX. here are some screen shots of the game for you escape velocity types.

Attached Files:

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is another screen shot. This game could have been it if not for the buggy original 9. there also is a linux and pc version i think and its single and multiplayer.

Attached Files:

4. howard macrumors 68020

howard

hey that does look pretty cool, when is it gonna be released?

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I've got the original 3 disc set for 9.

It ran alright in most cases on my old 400Mhz iMac.

It will be nice to see a new port of an older game to X.

Hopefully it will run as fast as it did in 9 for me.

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hey hitman i would like to hear more. I remember the demo i had was a little buggy and when they first brought out the game there was patches and updates so i was going to wait until they got it right. well i never heard anymore about it untill just the other day. Please give a review if you dont mind or tell us more since all i saw was the demo which looked to show a lot of promise.

7. job macrumors 68040

job

The game itself is pretty cool.

Under 9 you did not need blazing hardware to run it at a smooth FPS. I had 128MB RAM at the time and it ran at around 35-50 FPS (at 800*600 with 32 bit color) depending on how many ships were on the screen.

The missions and different campaign options offer a lot of replay value. The huge space fights are extremely fun and are a throwback to the space battles from Star Wars. You can customize you ships according to your needs. All aspects of the ship are removable and can be updated with better/faster parts (i.e. engines and computers).

You can even build your own ships. At first I jumped right in and tried to build the largest weapons platform I could. I soon found myself rotating end over end because I had forgot to leave space for horizontal and vertical stabilizing thrusters.

All in all, it is the best space sim I have seen for the Mac.