Terrible portable game system

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Oct 22, 2005.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, that pretty much sums it up.

Looks like a loser... :rolleyes:

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

How do companies get approved to move ahead with such absurd products? How many people are going to actually buy one of these things?!?

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Apparently not. Scary, isn't it? ;)

7. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

That's funny. Def. not going to go anywhere with that price tag...and ads on a video game machine...for the "cheaper model"...you gotta be kidding.

8. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i don't see your problem. it's probably an exciting and very successful launch. they will make tons of money.

here is why: some smart business men convinced some dumb investors (aka fond managers) that they can make billions in gaming. so these business men become ceo's, cso's, cfo's of the company and get themselves nice salaries while burning investors cash.

now there is a problem: they have to deliver something before christmas 2005 to get those good bonuses and the fond managers also get some bonuses if the xmas 2005 milestone is met.
    so they throw out that piece of crap, get their bonuses, renegotiate theiy contracts with a golden parachute, sell some stock options and wait for that venture to go broke. so they can have a nice vacation.

sounds very successful too me. and it's not that something like this hasn't happened before.

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, I know, I was just being facetious. :cool:

10. osiris315 macrumors member

osiris315

A colleague of mine is the IT manager for Gizmondo in the UK. He's been trying to flog me one for almost a year! There's only so many ways I can say "No thanks!" and still be polilte!

11. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Sticky Balls? Pocket Ping Pong?

Must....refrain....from....commenting.....

It'd be better if the GPS was more of a transponder so your friends could hunt you down and slap some sense into you for buying it.

12. osiris315 macrumors member

osiris315

lmao !!! have to wipe my eyes after laffing so much at that one :D

13. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

wow this thing still coming out? i thought they threw this in the "burners of hell" already.

yup looks like a suckz ballz award nominee.....

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No, thats just where they should have put it.

16. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

I see no substantive difference between this and the PSP. Game licensing may be short at the moment, but that's not hard to remedy. As always, here we see an overly negative reception to anything not Apple or already widely praised.

Get over yourselves, fanboys!

17. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

the difference is the gizmondo sucks donkey balls. and $399?? wtf?! ill get a psp AND a 512MB card AND 2 games AND 1 movie over that, thank-you-very-much!
    and the scary thing is: my brother wants one :eek: (although he wants every retarded game thing that comes out :rolleyes: )

18. polyethyleneguy macrumors member

Did you read about how you can get one for a "cheaper" price but you have to watch advertisments after and before each game you play. Finally, gaming is getting as good as television :rolleyes:

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

heh how funny. Also funny in that this sorta shows that if the PSP was not made by Sony that it would have a similar bashing campaign.

but hey this is old news, the Gizmondo was released in March in the UK. A mate of mine was getting pretty hyped about it. but he just seemed to slowly ease away from it over the past 6 or so months. though I am impressed with the GPS system, even though it probably is just a gimmick, how can that increase gameplay?! a little pointless.

I laugh at everything that tries challenge the Gameboy. even the DS. nothing will beat the Gameboys popularity and just sheer all-round bestness.

20. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Suckz Ballz is actually the sequal to Sticky Balls....

:D

21. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

lol, oh dear - one bad review and everyone hates its :)

Dont these guys have a store on Oxford Street in London .. near the apple store ? :)

22. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Gizmodo..... it's a bad I.T. industry joke right?

I'd prefer to have an iPod Video instead, looks better and is way more usefull than that ugly useless hand held brick.

More to the point did any of the morons who invented this redundant unit ever hear of the GameBoy (e.g. this device's main competition)?

23. Sic macrumors 6502

aww...c'mon. i think it looks great. no, really i do. it's awesome. seriously. shut up!!

24. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Yes they do, about 100 yards down the road on the same side. I went in for about 10 seconds once, it was crap.

25. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

There's not much of a difference between the PSP and the recently announced successor to the Gizmondo, but the current unit is a joke. Tiny screen, sub-par video, no marketing or distribution, and horrible software design are not things that make the game developers salivate. The dearth of games IS hard to remedy if no one buys the machine...

This next gen machine, though, looks pretty sweet...we'll see how it actually performs, though:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000183059273/