Terrivle battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PedroDias, Jan 9, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.2. Until today i was having bad battry life (ranging from 5-6 hours) on casual usage. (Some gaming (15-30 minutes), the rest on facebook, twitter and safari) but today, doing the exact same stuff i usually do i got 3 hours usage only. Yes, I already restored my fone, twice! Yes, I restored it to factory settings. I don't have alot of things on push notifications (fb only) and i really try to be as battery friendly as possible. What else should i do? Should i try to downgrade my phone to 6.0.1?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

Probably the 3G signal strength, if it's weak the phone will turn up the gain to lock onto the signal. This puts a heavy drain on the battery.

3. thread starter macrumors member

But a 60% bigger drain? Omg, that's too much!

4. macrumors newbie

Actually this is exactly what happens at my highshool. Verizon is bad in my area. Outside the school I get 2 Bars, inside I get 1 bar of 1x or if im lucky 1 bar of 3G, I usually leave school with 40% or less after 6 hours when entering with 100% and maybe 30 minutes usage for music or a quick text.

5. macrumors member

Pedro: In Brazil, particularly roaming outside your home state, Claro and TIM will eat your iPhone battery !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Thinking about trying Vivo but definitely the answer is network strength / roaming. The iPhone works best with strong signals.:rolleyes:

6. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!
    Apple should at least try to do something about it...

7. macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm at 70% for today and have a useage of 2hrs, 14mins and standby of 9hrs, 19mins. I've gone to a genius appt. 2 times now complaining about the lack of optimization of ios6 and the new iPhone5. The guy replaced my phone on the second visit, but its only a shade better, instead of 5.5hrs max, I may get 6.5hrs max each charge.

I'm really hardly using the phone. It's all about my weak signal indoors with AT&T 4g or LTE. I only have 3 bars max throughout the day.

8. macrumors 68000

w00t951

Yes, they should revolutionize the industry by magically creating a cellular standard that doesn't rely on a local amplifier. Sounds completely possible. In fact, Apple should do it.

9. macrumors regular

it is what it is. i've learned to accept that the battery life for my iphone 5 will never be as good as the iphone 4 i owned. no matter the different things i did to help solve this issue. i'm just gonna have to live with it.

i get around 5-6 hours battery life on LTE and mainly browsing the net, watching youtube, checking emails and using various news apps.

but guess what, i'd rather live with a terrible battery life, subpar battery life than what apple advertised than deal with a scuffed phone, a bent phone. i'm glad i dont have to deal with the latter 2 :)

10. macrumors 601

There's nothing for Apple to do. This is how the networks work. It doesn't matter what Apple does as they don't have any control over the carrier networks.

11. ATC
    macrumors 6502a

I guess it all must depend on where you are, signal strength and whatnot. On my 5 I have 3 push emails going all day, all radios constantly on (wifi, 3G, LTE, BlueTooth) and getting this:

Attached Files:

12. macrumors 65816

You misspelled "Terrific"...