Terrorist Roundup in Toronto

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Agent Smith, Jun 3, 2006.

1. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

It will be interesting to see how this story develops. I'd like to know what they suspect the targets to be.

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I doubt they'd ever release that information. If they did, then the terrorists would win because everyone would be afraid of those places anyway.

Then again, if Stephen Harper is going for this whole "culture of fear" and trying to follow in Bush's footsteps, it would make sense for him to release it and scare the sh** out of everyone.

Now, I may be overanalysing this, but isn't it funny how the first serious threat of terror in Canada since 9/11 only comes about after we elect a christian-conservative PM who's bent on beefing up the military, destroying gay rights, and turning Canada into America Junior?

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't worry, the Canadian Young Offenders Act will protect those teens. :p No worries, kids. You'll have a clean record by 18.

4. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Actually, according to this article, the youngest suspect was 19, while the oldest was 43. They're all screwed if convicted in court.

Also in that article, the possible terrorist sites are revealed. Nothing too shocking, only what one would expect. Parliament Hill, the Peace Tower, the CN Tower, et cetera.

And so begins the Canadian Edition of "Culture of Fear"...

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Damn, guess I'll have to move to Australia.

6. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I hear interest rates are better Down Under. Last time I was there, I was too young to be concerned with living off interest.

7. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Too bad it costs a kidney to get a good flight there. :)

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

They are being so cagey about who they've arrested and why. The language of the moment is "Al Qaida inspired but not Al Qaida linked." What the hell is that supposed to mean? A Canadian official when asked this morning on NPR refused to comment.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Presumably it means that, as in London, the guys were inspired by the exploits of Al Qaeda but not backed by them.

10. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Aye, that's sketchy too. I wish those damn bastards on Parliament Hill would just say it like it is, and stop trying to create flowery buzz words forged to incite the emotions of the Canadian people. I mean, come on, this is supposed to be the country where the Prime Minister doesn't need body guards because he can beat the crap out of anyone who would threaten him. What the Hell happened?

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Perhaps, but if this is the case, why not just say so? Evasiveness only raises suspicions.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And yet they keep doing it. You'd think they learn. Some people still fall for it though.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Seems where Islam goes so does Extreme Islam. This religion seems to be connected to terrorist all over the planet. Its time Govts take a better look at this religion and what they are pushing in the Mosques. We all know about Jihad and the infidel. I have said it before Islam isnt tolerant of anyone but Muslims. Thats the root of the problem. So they wanted to murder the prime minister of Canada and blow up more innocent folks. Must be a chapter on building bombs in that Quaran :rolleyes:

14. iGary Guest

iGary

Sounds like a very popular religion in the U.S. we all know.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, all Muslims are intolerant. Sure. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Again you all take it out of context, fact is this was another Islamic group planning another bombing. I think the dept of homeland security should have a agent in every mosque. You can only ignore this for so long before people start figuring it out.http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13150516

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Would you like to explain what context I'm missing that doesn't put your statement that "I have said it before Islam isnt tolerant of anyone but Muslims. Thats the root of the problem." in the realm of 'all of Islam is intolerant of anyone other than Muslims'?

18. iGary Guest

iGary

So much for the right to privacy. :rolleyes:

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Your right to privacy went out the window a long long time ago, ever hear of the patriot act? or how about the NSA recording every call in the U.S.? Anywhere Islam goes so does the extremist, sooner or later. Why do you think Iraq is such a mess with muslim killing muslim? There is something seriously wrong with whats being taught in this religion if these folks think that bombing and killing is OK as long as they are doing it in the name of their religion.

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I think anyone committing crimes under the guise of religion should be punished according to their beliefs. Christians (catholics, protestants, baptists, etc) & Muslims get a good sodomizing once a day, Hindus eat beef, etc.

For LIFE.

That would make these people think twice about pulling things like this. Religion in and of itself should be abolished, IMHO. It causes nothing but grief for the world.

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

read the justification for compulsion, about a 3rd down the pagehttp://debate.domini.org/newton/tolerance.html

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic