terry brooks or RA salvatore

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Aug 22, 2002.

?

Who is better?

1. Terry Brooks

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. RA Salvatore

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

For all you fantasy readers out there. I want to know who you think is better. This is to settle an argument me and a friend tend to run into. I say Terry Brooks is better, and of course he says RA salvatore. But who do y'all think is better?

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

RA Salvatore is pretty good but I enjoy Terry Brooks novels more.

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I haven't read Terry Brooks novels yet, but I do find Salvatore to be pretty boring after a while. He seems to follow the same old formula too often and I find that his stories tend to be too predictable. (I can usually guess who dies that the end, although sometimes his characters just can't seem to die)

4. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Im glad that im not outnumbered in this brooks vs salvatore thing. I have only read the Dark Elf trilogy, but personally, I think it sucked. He isnt a good author - he is just OK. A bad author is Kristen Britain. The green rider sucked anus.

5. rugby macrumors regular

I read Salvatore a long time ago and liked the books (hey I was a lot younger then). I now really get into George R R Martin's books. If you're into medievel/fantasy books you HAVE to check out his stuff. Go to Amazon.com and read the reviews and hardly anybody gives under 4 stars for any of the 3 A Song of Fire and Ice books.

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

The friend of mine that likes RA Salv. also really likes George RR Martin. I have never gotten a chance to read any of his works. They sound good. I also want to read The wheel of time series (by robert jordan).

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've got about seven Terry Brooks books but haven't finished them all. I've studied so much, I haven't taken the time to read for pleasure. :(

8. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I havnt read to much pleasure books recently either. Well I read 7 on a 21 day trip to Bali, Indonesia, this summer, but other then that I havnt read many pleasure books recently.
    Looks like TB is still winning. Yay :).

9. zed macrumors 6502

ive read all of the wheel of time series, they are excellent.... its been a few years since a new one has come out though, I hope Robert Jordan hasnt abandoned the series. I was thinking about getting the Terry Goodkind books on cd, since i have an hour commute to work everyday.... but i havent been able to swing the cash for them yet.

I havent read any Terry brooks, or RA S

10. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Whats up Zeddicus Zol' Zorandor - I think that is how it is spelled. I love Terry Goodkind, he is such a good author. I think he is a better author then Terry Brooks, but I think that Terry Brooks has a better world and better plots so his books end up being better. I recommend Terry Brooks if you like Terry Goodkind. But I hate how Terry Brooks never mentions any 'mature content', when Terry Goodkind's books are full of it. It makes it less realistic which is annoying sometimes.

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

'mature content'? Terry Brooks always has old people in his books somewhere. <ducks>