Tesla Roadster Revealed

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Jul 20, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

The mileage range seems pretty poor but I wonder how easy it is to charge it? I mean if you are just driving to work and back or to the grocery store then it would be great because you'd just charge it when you get home. But why make a car that can go 130 mph when it can only run for 250 miles? I'd rather see a car that can go 90 mph and stay charged for much longer.

Are you planning on seeing "Who Killed The Electric Car?" when it comes out in theaters?

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I they made it as way to say, "Hey, electric cars can haul @ss too" since when most people think of electric vehicles they think of weeny little things that have no get up and go.

Lethal

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Yeah the trend for electric cars now is Show they can beat a ferrari or a Jet or a Space ship or a light beam but it only gets 2 hourse of milage... Hey honey gotta drive to meet the parents. Want to take the electric. No we can't its 400 miles. we'd have to stop and charge for a few hours halfway there. Take to long... But honey we can go 200 mph. So?

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

As there's only a handful of days each year where I need to go over 250 miles, and as those days all involve taking the kids somewhere, I'd be more than happy to drive this car on my daily commute.

In fact, if I had US$90K-US$130K sitting around here (the car's $80K-$120K, but, hey, I'd need funds for the Mac Pro setup), I'd buy one.

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

http://www.ultralightflyer.com/mosquitohelicopter-aircraftvideo.html

I just went the cheaper route and bought this for my daily commute... no not really... but that'd be sweet!