Test Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chris_Evans, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Chris_Evans macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2004
    Hi guys,

We're about to release our game later this week. The demo is going to go up in a day or two. Could you guys check out the Mac version and make sure everything is okay?

Click "Play Downloadable" version and select the Mac icon.

The game runs a little slow on some low and mid-range systems. If you could tell me your specs that'd be great!

Thanks guys! :)
  2. Poff macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2003
    Stavanger, Norway
    I'm not quite sure if my computer is too slow. You see, I set the resolution down to 640 * 480 and the detail to "low". Still, when in the game, that girl kept nagging me about turning down the detail level. (which was a cool feature btw.) When I died and returned to the main menu, the settings were back at 800 * 600 and high detail level. Same when I restarted. It didn't remember any of the settings. Not even the keyboard mapping.

The PDA kept ringing, but when I opened it nothing happened. I could do the usual stuff, talk, send things and so on, and I once received half a message from the GF when answering the ring. All the other times it was just a grey screen.

When opening the PDA the screen flickered. I once got this error message:
    It did not make a crash log, tho..

So, it might be that my machine is too slow, but it might also be that it was unable to save the settings.

iMac Flatscreen G4 700MHz, 640MB RAM.
    OS X 10.2.8
  3. Chris_Evans thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2004
    Thanks for testing it out!

I think your computer might be a little below the minimum specs but thanks for the feedback regardless.

Did you ever get any messages when you used the PDA or was it always blank?

Also, it does remember your detail setting however in the options menu it always defaults displaying "high", so I need to fix that.

Were you able to get through the demo otherwise?

Thanks again for the feedback!
  4. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    i gave it a try on my 12" pb.

i tried the graphic on high - it was a tadge jumpy and it asked me if i wanted to reduce it a level - then it worked fine.

the pda came up and worked but it seemed a bit slow and unresponsive, even though the rest of the game was running fine. also it wasnt the easiest of thinngs to use.

other than that though the graphics seemed pretty good etc
  5. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    runs just fine in a window high detail 800x600 on my dual 1.8G5 w/ 2.5gb of RAM.

but then again, it had better!

6. Chris_Evans thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2004
    Thanks guys! :)

I'm wondering if I should automatically switch the game to "window mode" for the "low" detail setting. Usually people are able to run the game fine in a window even if full-screen is sluggish. Then again, I don't want to automatically switch to "window mode" without the player knowing first. Hmm, I don't know...