test

Discussion in 'Community' started by job, Jul 7, 2002.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

anyone know of any free good image hosting sites?

hitman

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah, idisk would be your best bet, but there are heaps out there, a little google search and you would find heaps of free hosting

good luck

4. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

5. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

just attached my .psd file that i want to use when i hit 500 posts. almost half the way there. :D

Attached Files:

6. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

just trying another attachment to see if this animated gif works :

Attached Files:

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey titman... what's that second one of?? It's a bit too small to see (a common problem for you??? :eek: ). :D

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I figured you would have a marathon avatar to go with your signature.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

If you want to search for all sorts of images, try
    images.altavista.com

It isn't as direct, but you might get what you are looking for. It has helped me a bit in the past, but not always.

asurace, I would like to see a blue visualizer avatar with a white Apple logo. Have fun with this recommendation in Photoshop! :cool:

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I'll make that one next. I've already had red with gray apple, green with white apple and now gold with black apple. Each generation is getting smoother and more high quality. :cool:

11. King Cobra macrumors 603

asurace, that's not too bad...although the avatar looks kind of purplish. I can tell you took the orange/yellow vis. avatar and adjusted the hue using Photoshop. If I am lucky enough I will be able to capture some black and blue and email you that, if you want.

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you might want to feather or do something to clean up the apple logo. what are you using to make the 'tar?

13. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

How about this :

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

not bad, but the aspect ratios off and its too wide. What's the byte size? Seems to me it might be a little too big, you might need to just keep a few transformations.

D

15. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

Yeah I scaled it down with GraphicConverter and the size was 37K so I settled for the Marathon 'tar I have now. My present 'tar is 13.4 KB and the dimensions are 50*39 pixel.

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

King Cobra: Don't bother sending me captures, I just registered Snapz Pro X so I'm going to record a QT movie of the visuals to get it smoother. As for the purplish tinge I'm going to have to recalibrate one of my monitors since I noticed it was blue on one and purplish on the other.

Dukestreet: For my next tar I'll probably use the iTunes Apple logo so it looks cleaner. I'm using Photoshop and Imageready to make the avatars.

Hitman: Looking good, now you got a bit of continuity going.

17. King Cobra macrumors 603

Roger, asurace.

Hey, hitman, if you keep up your avatar changing you'll turn into mac15 from a few months ago, or worse yet, hitman-ed! :D :cool:

18. job thread starter macrumors 68040

job

I think the one I have now works the best. :D

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

And mac15 hasn't changed his avatar in more than a month - actually, he hasn't been all that active either.

Just for the record, there's nothing wrong with changing your avatar - well, except for the dgvpg fiasco. Its weird seeing 12 big posters all with the same 'tar. Don't think that will ever happen again.

D

20. King Cobra macrumors 603

Don't bring that up again, dukedog.

And I realize that changing avatars often is allowed and is no big deal at all. I'm just saying that mac15 had several threads he created about every other avatar update, or so, a while back. We even got a poll going, something like "How long will it be until mac15 updates his avatar?" That was rather comical. :cool:

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I totally remember, I think I was the one to start the poll or had something to do with it. I was very surprised that he only submitted 2 entries for the avatar contest, I had figured on him for at least 10.

As for the most 'tars made, I'm thinking beej and cleo have more that they've used for themselves, after mac15, but I've made about 30 or 40, for different reasons, other members, and only had 4 different ones myself.

22. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

This is a test, just to see if a 'tar that I made in my spare time works...I'm still working towards 500 posts....

-ArtMan617

Attached Files:

23. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

What the **** is THAT??? Looks like you used some ancient pixel painting application to produce it. Or some kid did it (under the age of 7). :eek: :p

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, a sprite? (computer term, not mythological one)

Its too big, 'tars need to be 50x50 pixels and under 20k - so try and redoing it with that in mind

D

25. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I prefer pepsi and coke myself... :D
    Making it over sized did nothing for the clarity of the tar...