Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I got a small question regarding testflight for external.
I submitted my app to itunesconnect with all proper signatures. I can testflight it instantly on Internal, but for external it states 'waiting for beta app review'

Do I need to do anything else, like.. sublitting the app for review, as how you do to submit for the appstore? Or do I just wait for days before external can test the app?

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
For external testing, the app goes through Apple to review. This generally takes a day or two.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Just for clarification, maybe other might find this thread. I did not had time to move the project to the main domain yet, so I also did not submit it for approval yet. However I alreay did enable the External Testing and added the build, it's approved just an hour ago

After archiving the app to the 'appstore' with xCode.
If the intension is to Testflight, you do NOT have to submit the app for approval!

Enable the External Testflight in itunesconnect, add tester(s) and the buid version you want them to test.
withing 2 weekdays you can expect the approval message

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
You do have to submit the external build for approval.
The steps I mention in previous comment apply as accepted answer, which does not contain anything about seperate submit for approval.
For strictly external testflight you do not need to submit for approval as you do for the appstore submit.

eventailapp

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2016
The steps I mention in previous comment apply as accepted answer, which does not contain anything about seperate submit for approval.
For strictly external testflight you do not need to submit for approval as you do for the appstore submit.

I mean you meant for strictly internal testflight you do not need to pass the approval.

For each version (as defined in appstore) you have to pass the review for external testing once. Subsequent builds are usually approved automatically (as long as you say that you did not do any major changes since the last version).

Reactions: VolceOntra
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.