Tethering

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DELTAsnake, May 20, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if I should stick with my preorder of the WiFi iPad or get a 3G iPad.

If I stick with the WiFi version would I be able to use my iPhone's tethering for the iPad? EDIT, I'm in Australia so I have access to tethering without a jailbreak.

I can't imagine Optus would have a problem with that since they would get a $15 a month tethering fee out of me that they wouldn't get if I just had a 3G iPad.

2. Guest

I have lived in Australia for about 6 months. There is no way I would get a 3G iPad, as I have not found one good phone company here.

If there was something even comparable to our Softbank, then I might consider it, but with Australia's current options... why spend the extra money?

3. macrumors 68000

Carniphage

You'd still have to Jailbreak.
    The Apple-implemented bluetooth / USB tethering does not work with the iPad.

However the MyWi software, will allow you to turn your iPhone into a WiFi hotspot.

C.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dam, Well that sucks. I'm not exactly eager to jailbreak my iPhone. I'll have to think about getting the 3G version instead.

5. macrumors regular

Don't worry about it, its not the process it used to be. You just click one button and it's done in about 30 seconds. If you change your mind, just restore in iTunes and you're back to normal. Mywi is going to save you a lot of money. Trust me on this bud, nothing to lose.